It's Not the Corona But Scientists Say "It Might Be Even More Contagious!!!"

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

What blend type should I dedicate this lovely Doctor's pipe to?

• Pure Virginias

Votes: 14 30.4%
  • Various Va/Pers

Votes: 15 32.6%
  • English and Balkans

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • Orientals

Votes: 13 28.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 23, 2019
"I smoked every day
I smoked every night
I practiced till I knew all the licks
Now I'm on the verge of a
Nervous break PAD-down
I don't know the meaning of quit

It's so crazy
Yes you know, but I like it
It crushes my head
My brain is on the border
But this is what the doctor ordered"

Was Teddy singing about the life of a grain whore? How did he know about my endless thirst for pipe?

- - -

Either way, seems like there's a pretty severe case of the PAD going around and I definitely caught the bug. Luckily, I got just want the doctor ordered. Or rather, what I ordered from the Doctor.

[Doctor's Tomato Full Bent Crazy Bamboo w/ Boxwood Accents]

K1lzxXsh.jpg

I've been a long-long-time admirer of Roman's pipes now, especially the way he is able to incorporate insane, bizarre bamboo stubs into such balanced and elegant designs. This pipe was serendipitously offered to me and I thought it was the perfect one not only to pop my Doctor's cherry but also to ring in the new decade.

Now the first two orders of business: the naming of the shrew and the picking of the nose blend type...

Please join in the poll! This should be fun!

Jun 23, 2019
I voted Orientals because it’s an exotic blend type for an exotic looking pipe.

Would Smokers' Haven's EXOTIQUE be too on the nose? (Then again I don't even really consider that blend an oriental). :ROFLMAO:

That is a unique looking pipe. I love the grain on it.

I voted Virginia's because I love them the most, and if you decide to switch it to some thing else later, just do it. No ghosts or deep cleaning involved.

Whatever you decide, I hope you enjoy that pipe!

VA was my first thought too for exactly the reason you mentioned. Thank you and I can't wait to break her in properly.

Aromatics.

But then I'd have to pick between Frog's Cellar and Tropical Mango and that is impossible sir.

Reactions: Casual and python
Jun 23, 2019
McClellands 2115 or Esoterica Dunbar.

Beautiful pipe!

Dunbar is definitely one of my favorite Va/Pers, and it seems like that is the blend category in the lead right now!

Can i cast a write in vote for traditional american burleys?

You most definitely can! I'm just not a big Va/Bur guy so left it out of my selection possibilities.

If it were me (well, depending on the chamber width) I'd smoke Balkans. It screams Balkan blend to me. Also, I'm normally not a fan of Bamboo on a pipe at all. I've seen a few lovely exceptions though, and that, sir, is one of those lovely exceptions. Fantastic, beautiful pipe. Congrats, and enjoy the heck out of it.

I'm actually surprised the "English/Balkan" category is way behind in the voting. Just from handling the pipe the last couple of days, its shape and size seem to be suggesting Balkan/Oriental mixture blends.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I voted VaPers but would add that the run of VaPers with Dark Fired has lately held my interest, so I might go that route.

As mentioned, I suspect you could stuff it with green bean casserole and still enjoy it.

Congrats!

1581202257805.png

Status
Not open for further replies.