PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
So, here in Columbus, Ohio it is 101 with the heat index. I have found Germain's Brown Flake to be a good choice as its a lighter blend than I normally smoke but still has plenty of flavor and a decent nic hit. Oddly, 3P's is also tasting really good.
So, what do you all prefer to smoke in the heat?

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Sitting on my front porch in Central KY with a glass of lemonade and smoking Angler's Dream. Burley's and light Virginias are the choice here.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
94° here in Bethlehem, Pa. I'm sure the heat index is over 100°. Smoking some Grousemoor Plug that Booker kindly sent me. Great hot weather smoke.

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
I've been smoking more cigars as well during the current rash of hot, humid weather. I did smoke some Astleys #2 the other day which was tasty and tolerable given the temps. OGS is great this time of year too. I've also taken advantage of this down time to deep clean some pipes, more normal temps will be here soon, I hope.

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
The weather out there today is hot and shitty with continued hot and shitty in the afternoon. Tomorrow a chance of continued hot and shitty in the afternoon. Tomorrow a chance of continued crappy with a pissy weather front coming down from the north. continued crappy with a pissy weather front coming down from the north. Basically, it's hotter than a snake's ass in a wagon rut.
Granville, Ohio. (basically cols)

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
wyfbane rockin' Nelly...BRILLIANT!! :clap:
I tend to still smoke a good variety when it's hot but I lay off the Lat heavy blends. They just don't appeal to me as much in the heat. :puffy:

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
I just can't stand smoking when it's hot. Admittedly, I end up switching to dip when I'm working outside and save my pipes for the air-conditioned house in the evening.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
It's 107 with less than 10% humidity here in N. CA, inland 50 Miles. I will wait till I get in my car for my first bowl today. A/C is on in the house, unusual in itself until ca. 100. I have no idea what might taste better or worse in these conditions.
But, it will all pass.

mranglophile

Can't Leave
May 11, 2015
United States
I second settersbrace on the OGS, I find I actually enjoy it on hot days with sweet tea. Only got to 85 in the lovely Puget Sound, on the hot side for us but I am not complaining....too much.

checotah

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2012
103° here in Medford, Orygun, forecast to be 109° tomorrow and the next day. When it gets this hot, I retire to my shop, turn on the A/C & smoke whatsoever I wish.

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Mid 90's here both temp and humidity. Absolute killer. I was out working in the yard today and was sweating like Mike Tyson at a spelling bee.

Status
Not open for further replies.