PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyriefurro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2013
IMG_20131105_125805_479_zps7f8c701e.jpg

This is the pipe I promised myself as motivation to get through several long sleepless nights of web design work. It's even more beautiful than expected, although it's just a bit more red than I thought it would be. I'm very pleased with the quality of the workmanship. The stem fits perfectly and the pipe is surprisingly light for its size. The bowl is huge - at least for me. I loaded it with some Escudo. Normally, two coins will fill any of my pipes with some left over. This bad boy swallowed them up and asked for more.
One interesting side note is that the white accent band is the point where the stem joins the shank. The band and little bit of briar behind it are part of the stem.
How does it smoke? Well, I'm not quite sure yet. In my hurry to try it out I noobed up my packing job so I had to deal with way too many relights. Still, despite that, the smoke stayed cool without even a hint of the gurgle I'd usually get with that many relights.
All in all, I'm not just happy with the new pipe, I'm thrilled.

Jan 8, 2013
I love Nordings. I have a couple and plan on getting more. That thing there is a true beauty. I love the stem on that one. Well done :) If you decide you don't like it send it my way lol! All kidding aside, that pipe is stunning. I hope it smokes as well as it looks and gives you a lifetime of enjoyment. Happy puffing :)

msandoval858

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
Although I've never been a fan of Nording's freehand style work, those high grades are some stunning pipes. I've always heard nothing but good things about those pipes however my personal preference has always leaned toward the traditional shapes. Might break down and try one for myself someday.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
What a beautiful Nording, pal, and I know it will smoke well for you.
I also admire the fact that this was a "goal" pipe for you. Having a work ethic will always elevate a guy among the squids in adjoining cubicles.
That's a good get.
Fnord

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
Wow. That is nice. I have been looking at Nording pipe more and more lately. I am not a fan of there regular freehand lines, but there higher graded stuff is really starting to appel to me. Nice score.

kyriefurro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2013
Follow-up: I loaded it full of GLP's Navigator. She smokes as good as she looks :puffy:

sfsteves

Lifer
Aug 3, 2013
SF Bay Area
gorgeous pipe ... I'm a Nording fan and that is a particularly nice looking one ... if it smokes as well as the two I've got, it'll be a treat for you ...

mike73

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 20, 2013
Grats on the new pipe! I am a huge fan of Nordings. Yours my friend is gorgeous, enjoy!

7ach

Can't Leave
Sep 10, 2013
Beautiful pipe. I've been looking for one like yours for a little while now. If you don't mind me asking, where did you find it?

burlpettibon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 1, 2013
Tacoma, Washington
I was hoping to get a Nording for my next pipe and this furthers that motivation! I'm looking forward to seeing a review on how it smokes when properly packed.

Status
Not open for further replies.