PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
For those of you who don't know I took the plunge and got married this past Saturday and as excited as I am to be married to my lovely wife and the few days off from work; I am positively elated that there are no more wedding related activities to be done for the forseeable future. There are probably many of you who can empathize with me in this matter. For the most part everything went off without a hitch and a good time was had by all. Happy wife for a happy life is certainly as true an idiom as I have ever heard, but right now I am looking forward to being home with the dogs and relaxing a bit. Just thought I'd let you all know how it went and maybe I'll post some pictures in a while. Take care and happy smoking. :puffy:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I've been married twice, the second time after being a widower for ten years. It's quite an effort, but it is

central to the brides, and a memory that (with luck) mellows for the grooms. My first wedding was more

traditional -- brides maids dresses, tuxes, and a country club reception. My late wife's folks went all out,

and I must say, it was pretty nice. The service was Episcopal. My more recent wedding was more a personal

event, with country table clothes, mason jars for flowers, lots of champagne, and a New Orleans style band

with a tuba, that got people dancing -- very much my bride's vision. Her friends made her a cake. We had

a buffet of Southern cooking. Both weddings were memorable events, exhausting, but a good time. Who has

your back? For most of us, it's our spouses. It's a lucky day in many cases, often the luckiest. Congratulations!

I do joke that the groom is the least important person at the wedding. He must show up, preferably sober,

and speak his lines. This second time we combined with a Thanksgiving party with out-of-town guests. I

needed a three hour nap and down time alone afterwards, but instead went to clean up the reception event

at the church.

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
Congratulations! We also eloped, 24 years ago, and neither of us regret the decision to do so. I am glad everything went well for you, and I hope you both have a blessed married life.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
It's Finally Over... Thank Goodness
Ya just gotta love that prophetic title. Oh, and by the way, it is in more ways than you'll ever realize! :lol:
Seriously though... the best of wishes. :wink:

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
I once took part in an elopement. Friends from college decided a wedding was was too much work, so decided to elope. They did want a few family to watch. The bride wanted my wife to be Matron of Honor, so the groom asked me to be his best man. Then they had to have a preacher, lest there be long term exteded family problems. More people suddenly had to attend, so they needed more space. The preacher wanted to have the service in a comfortable place, so they compromised and agreed to elope in the church. Someone offered to bake a cake.
Everyone agreed it was the best elopement they had ever attended. Much easier than a wedding.
We have had 22 years of marital joy. Marriage is either heaven on earth or hell on earth. It all depends on how you handle it. Choose wisely.
Winton

Status
Not open for further replies.