PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Can't believe I've been here a year already. Seems like only yesterday I joined up and started wondering what all the crazy sumbitches with a little signature or title denoting a "Brother of the Black Frigate" was all about. All I knew, was I had to find out. Here I am, a year later, 30 tins of Black Frigate deep and counting while also discovering other awesome blends and pipes and things I never really had thought about before. I've seen things that would make a grown man screech in terror and run for cover. I've seen Bill in a speedo while he barbecued a pigeon he caught in the sails. I've seen Anthony do the Flibberty Gibbit, Gullah Gullah dance while slugging fluid and wearing a coconut bra (not for the faint of heart, let me tell you). I've seen the Captain smoke 4 Savinelli 904's at one time and marveled, and seen whales in the midst of....well...you know...the water dance of mystical creation? Some things you just can't unsee....
When I started smoking a pipe, all I knew was that the blends I was able to buy in the drugstore was all that was out there. Never knew you could buy the stuff we can buy online and started kicking myself that I didn't get back sooner to enjoy some of the fantastic blends I've tried.
I've met some damn good people and traded tampers, scrapple, tobacco and pipes and received the same from others. This is such a fantastic community and I look forward to many more good times, discussions and meeting even more good people.
Now I'm sitting at the house and will be keeping an eye out for that official, superior, fantastical Preferred Member package I've heard so many good things about. I won't hold my breath, but hey, there's a little hope out there, right?
Huh? Wait, what's that? What do you mean it was all a hoax? Anthony's unicorn ate all the damn Preferred Member packages? Well.... Shit. At least I have a cob stuffed with Frigate and a glass full of whisky. All is right in the world, brothers. Happy smoking! :puffy:

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Time certainly flies huh?
Glad to have you here, as a rule abiding, interesting, contributing member of the forum.
Even IF you smoke that pirate stuff...
:nana:
Oh yeah, by the way...
Once you turn purple,
It won't let you leave...

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Ditto!
You can check out, but you can never leave!
So I called up the Captain,

"Please bring me my wine"

He said, "We haven't had that spirit here since nineteen sixty nine"

And still those voices are calling from far away,

Wake you up in the middle of the night

Just to hear them say...

Jan 8, 2013
What??? You're still here????? :rofl:
I've seen Anthony do the Flibberty Gibbit, Gullah Gullah dance while slugging fluid and wearing a coconut bra (not for the faint of heart, let me tell you).
That's my favorite bra! It's definitely more comfortable than that prickly pear cactus bra I wear on Saturday's. And nobody can do the Flibberty Gibbit Gullah Gullah like I do.... except maybe Jaytex. He's got that Gullah down! But when I get down, I bring grown men to tears.... not sure if that's a good thing or not.
Never discount the possible mailbomb of Unicorn Poop!!
Do NOT post that commercial, Anthony. Do NOT POST THAT COMMERCIAL!!!! Ok, I won't do it. :mrgreen:
Brother, your right. It doesn't seem like it's been a year. In fact it seem like just yesterday I was thinking, "Who the heck is this yahoo??? What a weirdo!" But then I realized you'd fit in with the rest of us weirdos, and I'm glad you stuck around. You've been a fantastic contributor to this forum and I always enjoy your posts. Witnessing you dive right into the pipe smoking lifestyle has been a pleasure. From the pipes you've collected, (that Ardor!!!) the tampers you've made, and then moving into those fantastic pipe racks you've made.... wow, good sir. We've had some great chats via PM over this last year. Frankly, I'm glad to have had the pleasure of getting to know you, at least a little bit through this forum.
Here's to many more great years at Pipesmagazine. May you continue to post here, show off more of your tampers and racks (show us your rack!!!) and continue to be a great member here. Trust me when I say, I'm sure most of us enjoy the heck out of it :clap:

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Congratulations. It is amazing how fast time flies in this hobby. Next thing you know, your cellar will have "aged" tobacco.

trouttimes

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
Lake Martin, AL
Congrats! Keep posting, we all enjoy it. Just keep that Pirate stuff to yourself. think of the children. You should only smoke Back Frigate late at nite, under the cover of darkness and only when there is a very strong win. Think of others, dude.
Keep showing us your Woody skills.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
'churchwarden, it seems like you've been here longer, in a good way, lots of good posts and many good ideas and observations. Congratulations.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Haha, thanks Anthony, I figured I probably would!
Thanks all, I appreciate the warm comments. This forum has helped me in more ways than I can count and I'm always happy to contribute anything of value or even of no value to any conversation! It's been a pleasure so far and will, I'm sure, continue to be so!

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
The warranty is up. Now, we're stuck with him.... :nana:
jay-roger.jpg

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
1 year huh? Oh, you'll be sorry, very sorry!Next will be "No honey, I didn't buy that pipe". It was a gift(yea, a gift). Cue the scary music... :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.