PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fred

Lifer
Mar 21, 2010
CLASSIC VINTAGE PETERSON MEERSCHAUM PRINCE ESTATE PIPE MADE IN GREAT BRITAIN. P-LIP Stem with PETERSON ‘P’ LOGO.
http://pipesmagazine.com/members/fred/album/picture/3123
KGrHqQOKpcE5kiBPwzLBOf-pEGJKQ60_31.jpg

fred

Lifer
Mar 21, 2010
Thanks guys...! This is another one where I got lucky..., almost made it under the radar but wound up with another bidder to make me shell out a few $$, but not bad at all. These African Block Petes have been going for huge prices lately and there have been a few that I might liked to have brought home, but the bidding went into the stratosphere. The Prince shape is uncommon in the Meerschaum community, so this one makes No 3 in my collection. I'm still trying to discover what the finish is called, as I've heard it referred to as Craggy and Coral, and I'd like to know if it's a blast or a rustication... This one should clean up nicely. I've even got another Peterson box and bag for it to rest in... Now, I just have to WAIT...

ajonline

Lurker
Mar 1, 2013
Absolutely beautiful. I actually found a guy with about 5 of these and I about crapped myself when I saw the auctions a while back

ajonline

Lurker
Mar 1, 2013
I'll definitely have to post a couple pics of mine soon when I've finished restoring the stems that have oxidized. They're BEAUTS!! I have one prince style and a billiard style. Trying to get my hands on about 5 more that this guy has...and he has NO idea what they are.
I'm trying out my poker face on him....

Status
Not open for further replies.