PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
Hello, I recently had an idea for a custom pipe tamper in the shape of the leg lamp from a Christmas Story. I contacted a forum member who is a jeweler by trade, Cosmic to see if this was at all economically viable and I had him run the numbers for making me a one off leg lamp tamp, he then contacted a friend of his that does lost wax molding pours of silver and bronze. The numbers came back as too much for one person to really afford, but....Cosmic told me that if the costs could be spread over nine or ten tamps then the price would be more reasonable, around $90.00 to $100.00 each. So my question is this...are there eight or nine of you out there that would also like a cast silver leg lamp pipe tamp, if so please say so in this thread and if we get enough yeas we can proceed to have them cast, through Cosmic.
Thanks,

Philobeddoe
P.S. I stand to make no money at all from this venture, other than an affordable pipe tamper like the other participants.

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
Counting me, it looks like we have five yeas so far. I would really like to make this happen, I promise they won't be fra-gee-lay, they will be cast metal!

Dec 24, 2012
Great idea. I am interested. Interestingly, some scenes in the movie was shot about 5km from where I live, including the scene where he put his tongue on the pole.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Interestingly, some scenes in the movie was shot about 5km from where I live, including the scene where he put his tongue on the pole.
I thought you were further from Lundy's Lane than 5k...
-- Pat

Dec 24, 2012
I know... I was making an irreverent pole licking joke.
I don't lick poles. I did lick a Czech once, but that was during a summer trip in my University years and I would prefer not to discuss that while sober.

Status
Not open for further replies.