9 Fresh Winslow Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
So what are you grilling for supper this hot summer Sunday?
I'll be firing up the grill for butterflied leg of lamb as it was on sale at Aldi this week.
Big Aldi fan here.

I had the same leg of lamb on July 4th on clearance. Enjoy.

While I love Aldi, the prices are slowly creeping up. It's not unusual for me to go to several stores each week for the best prices on different products.

Last Sunday, I made a big pot of basic chili using ground beef from Aldi at $2.97 per pound. Couldn't pass up the price and had just made a large meatloaf the week before (which I am known to make just for sandwiches the next day).

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
A temperature 110° sounds wonderful. It's 69° here with rain so I will not be going outside willingly.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
I like Aldi. I love the 'Man aisle'
Hmmm...that sounds a little suggestive to me. I wouldn't want to accidentally drop my wallet in the "man aisle." And if I did, I'd probably want to kick it over into the neighboring aisle before reaching down to pick it up. Unless the next aisle was the one with all the lubricants, in which case, obviously, I'd have to rethink the whole strategy. ?

So what are you grilling for supper this hot summer Sunday?
Oh yeah, the original question! Chicken tacos, with homemade salsas (tomatillo and pico de gallo), refried pinto beans, and Spanish rice. Wifey has been making soft tacos using masa harina these past few times we've had this meal, but we're doing hard shelled tacos tonight to break up the monotony.

In the end, it should look a bit like this improvised tostada, but smaller. And with a shell around it!

tostada.jpg

Reactions: clynch