Italian Pipemaker: Anyone smoke a Paolo Corso Pipe?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoppes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 15, 2017
I have followed this gentleman for over a year. Intrigued by his pipes. He has two categories of pipes: He advertises on EBay under Pipes on Rattan which are classic estate pipes that he refurbishes and his primary line which are his own hand made PC pipes which he calls his Silverline. I finally broke down and ordered one of his Trout models which is a sitting poker with 360 degree straight grain. He claims he uses only Italian briar that has been aged at least 5-6 years. The stems are vulcanite. His logo is a silver fish hook. For a little over a hundred bucks it appears to be a very nice smoking instrument. Mr. Corso says "they smoke like a sweet biscuit." I hope he is right! Now to find the time to break it in! Interested if any one has experience with these pipes and if anyone is smoking them. Thanks, Hoppes

img_0832.jpg

img_0833.jpg

img_08341.jpg

img_0835.jpg

img_08361.jpg

img_0848.jpg

img_0837.jpg

img_0844.jpg

img_0845.jpg

img_0846.jpg

hoppes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 15, 2017
So far smoking even better than my Castello 55. Maybe Mr Corso knows something! I'm surprised that no one has commented on this posting. Would really like to have some input from the Italian experts. Thanks, Hoppes

swan

Lurker
Dec 9, 2018
NYC
He is not a pipemaker, he mostly sell estate pipes.

I am not sure who makes them and the latest ones have a pretty different style than the older ones (with the “charatan”-like logo).

But I am pretty sure they are made by others and stamped with his name.

hoppes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 15, 2017
Just talked to Mr. Corso. He has another pipemaker cut the piece of briar. Mr. Corso then does all the shaping and finishing including the rustication/sandblasting or smooth finish including the staining and polishing. He bends the stems and inserts and polishes the Silverhook insert. All of the designs, logos and bags are his. Guess that makes him a half pipemaker. Anyway the Silverhook that I bought is just as nice and smokes as well as any higher grade pipe that I have experienced. Just wanted to know if anyone else has smoked one !!?? Hoppes

Status
Not open for further replies.