PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Sunrise comes later too. Which is good, because I hate the sun. It's like a gigantic middle finger in the sky. The less it is around, the better. Fall back, however, is an utter nuisance, which is why I don't participate in this torturous, annual ritual.

I do love this time of year, even though it becomes more prohibitive to smoke my pipe.

Jan 27, 2020
It’s still warm outside, and we’re only a couple months away from the shortest day, and then the days start getting longer again.

When it gets cold outside the body will get cold too and when the days have more hours of daylight we feel like the day is longer.

RonB

Can't Leave
Jan 17, 2021
Southeast Pennsylvania
It’s getting closer to latakia time for me also, but so far it’s still hot.
I love the sun though. Fall and Winter are just wet times of the year down here, so lots of mud. But, pipesmoking increases as cigar smoking decreases.
I go from maybe half cigars and half pipes to almost 90% pipes as it gets colder and I can't smoke outside as comfortably. I like sitting by the fire and smoking my pipe almost as much as I like sitting outside on my deck.

Mar 1, 2014
Not universally.
Your world is going dark but in the earth's southern areas the days are getting longer. In the Southern Hemisphere autumn occurs in the month of March, winter is in June, then spring is in September and then finally, summer is in December.
You can throw out the textbooks, it's still summer in June in Australia, there's only a 2 degrees difference in the average low between NSW and Alberta.
I'd be sunbathing on either side of the Earth in June.

Outside of Antarctica, the single pinpoint place in the southern hemisphere where proper Winter exists is the Snowy Mountains.