PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Misanthrope

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2020
Texas
3 completely unexpected packages showed up today. I wasn’t expecting one until Monday, and I thought the other two were at least a week out.

The one from Briarworks contained an OR01 bent apple and an OR05 chubby tomato in brown sandblasted finish with black stems. I already have those in light smooth and black sandblasted finishes, and I’m patiently waiting for a chance to scoop up both in the dark smooth finish. The OR01 is an excellent tiny pipe for short smokes, and the OR05 is just...I don’t know, I find them adorable and they smoke well. I *might* also get the black wire rusticated versions at some point, but I’m not exactly in a hurry.

The first one from The Danish Pipe Shop was a gray smooth Chacom reverse calabash bent apple. I have the same pipe in orange matte, brown matte, black sandblasted, and brown sandblasted finishes, so now I’ve got five of those and am done with that particular collection. I love that particular pipe, it’s like the lovechild of a Briarworks OR01 and an Al Pascia Curvy 03, and is somewhere between the two in overall size and bowl capacity. They also threw in a hilarious looking candy pipe that’s probably black licorice, which I consider barely edible at the best of times, but I love it when vendors throw in a little taste of their country.

The third package, from the same place, was a bunch of 9mm filter Morgan Bones nosewarmers: a stubby bent apple, a stubby Pitbull, a stubby Anse, a stubby bent Dublin, a stubby bent Pitbull, and a stubby straight pot. Those are intended to fill the role that I originally got some stubby acorn corncob pipes from Missouri Meerschaum for. I tried to love these MM cobs, but I just can’t pull off a corncob pipe with style, and I don’t really reach for them very often even though they smoke well.

I’m surprised at how nicely the Bones pipes smoke even though I already knew people liked theirs. They’re not as visually woebegone in person as I was led to believe they’d be, and whatever flaws are present are all minor and characterful. I like them, they’re good beater pipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.