PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 7, 2019
I feel like I kind of know a lot of y’all after lurking here so long. It’s odd to post as a new guy and get responses from people who have posted so many replies that I’ve read. Anyway, I’m early retired so I’m trying to be more sociable since I don’t get to go to work and run my yap.
Anyone else been a long (looong) time lurker and then joined?

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
You spelled "creepy" wrong.
I don't intend to retire. Ever. I intend to die with my boots on, a shovel in one hand and a camera in the other.....or by someone's husband getting home early.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
I lurked here for 2 years before posting. It's a common pathway. Cheers and welcome. Pull up a chair, the conversation is ongoing.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Never been a lurker, really. When I've an interest in a certain topic and find a forum that seems to be OK, I join right away.
Of course, there's a bit of an 'evaluation period' but I don't consider that lurking because it's only a few hours/days long.

rmpeeps

Lifer
Oct 17, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Welcome from San Antonio.

I was away for 7-8 years and completely lost my handle & password. Lots of start-overs.

ashdigger has goals!

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I've never owned a computer and just accidentally found this site while browsing on my phone in 2014 and joined. Had no idea smoking was a social habit nor did I know there were sites devoted to it.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Just never felt the need. If I didn't have a family, I likely wouldn't own a phone either.

bradical

Might Stick Around
Dec 1, 2018
Good on you. As someone who's had a computer in the house since birth, and internet access since 1995, I can't even imagine.

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
Welcome! I lurked for about 6 months. It is a little strange having people reply to you when you've been reading their posts for awhile. Some of these guys were downright pipe smoking gods in my eyes. Just give it a little time and you'll come to be annoyed by these same people when they jerk your chain. Not saying that has ever happened to me... :wink:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I didn't lurk much at all, but look what happened to my post count! Yipes.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Nope, didn't really lurk, just saw this site pop up in my search results while asking Google everything I could think of about pipe smoking, so I just joined to cut out the middle man...
Tom, by my math, that's roughly 11 posts per day for about 5 years, 11 months. It's all good, cause there's a lot of helpful knowledge in all those posts!

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Isn't a smartphone a type of computer though? I'll just show myself to the plank. :wink:
I don't think I lurked at all, but I remember Tom posting a 'welcome lurkers' thread a while ago, and a whole bunch came out of the woodwork.

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
Nope, didn't really lurk, just saw this site pop up in my search results while asking Google everything I could think of about pipe smoking, so I just joined to cut out the middle man...
Same here, except that I lurked for a couple years because just about every issue I wanted to post about / ask about as a newbie pipe smoker was already addressed in a thread.
They used to call me the lurkin' merkin... But yeah, I lurked for a time.
Haha! :puffy:

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Never really thought to look into the forums until about 2016. Once I did, my pipe and tobacco collection have grown at a ridiculous rate. I took about an 8 month break from forums and I didn’t buy any tobacco within that time frame, I’ve been back for 3 weeks now and I’ve already ordered two huge hauls of tobacco. Honestly, I don’t think these forums are very healthy for me financially speaking. Lol. Glad ya finally decided to join though, the more the merrier!

Status
Not open for further replies.