PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokeyweb

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 29, 2013
Greetings!
Total newbie here, and I have a question. When I smoke pipe tobacco it makes me feel really relaxed and happy. Also, I only started pipe smoking a month ago and have already purchased 4 new pipes and a various assortment of tobacco. All I want to do is smoke my pipe and buy new pipes and tobaccos. Is this normal? If so... This could get expensive!

joeval

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 5, 2013
Yep, completely normal, I'm afraid.
On here (and most places online), it's called "PAD" and "TAD", which stand for Pipe Acquisition Disorder and Tobacco Acquisition Disorder. We all suffer!

Just wait til you find all the different pouches and accessories, it can get worse...
Anyway - what pipes, and which tobaccos? Bonus points for pictures...

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Welcome smokeyweb. And yes, you now have completely normal irreversible expensive disorders.

piperl12

Apr 7, 2012
Rofl welcome to the madness! Say good bye to all your extra cash too! Welcome aboard

smokeyweb

Dec 29, 2013
That's what I was afraid of. Oh well... Best to just embrace it. Joeval, as far as pipes go, I now have a caminetto rusticated bent brady, a boswell poker, a Big Ben, and a stanwell. I will post pics if I can somehow figure out how. As for tobaccos, so far I have only tried aros, like C&D autumn evening, sutliff maple street, stanwell vanilla & melange, boswell peaches & cream, CAO cherry burst, and sutliff wild cherry and rum and maple.

smokeyweb

Dec 29, 2013
Thanks for the greetings, guys. My wife may think I'm nuts, but I'm glad I'm not the only one who's infected.

piperl12

Apr 7, 2012
For God sake man whatever you do don't tell her there are more of us! That can't possibly help your case in the future. Not to mention your new found addiction to this place. I was just going to post a couple of questions nearly a 1000 posts ago! :wink:

rmason

Jan 27, 2013
Well congrats on joining up, the folks here are real bad enablers, also never fight PAD and TAD they will always win in the end.

~Ron

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
Perfectly normal, both PAD and TAD are chronic, and without any known cure. The thing is, the worse they get, the happier you are! Welcome, you are amongst sympathetic friends!

smokeyweb

Dec 29, 2013
Thanks, Ron. My wife is already flipping out because I "dedicated" one of her kitchen cabinets to my new found hobby.

gray4lines

Nov 6, 2012
KY
My wife is already flipping the "F" out because I "dedicated" one of her kitchen cabinets to my new found hobby.
Lol! My wife thought I was crazy when I bought cases of mason jars to store tobacco in!

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Welcome to the forum. You will enjoy being a member here. Feel free to ask questions as they can and will be answered.

oldredbeard

Jul 20, 2012
Welcome aboard! And yes it can get outta hand. But only if you let it ...
Come on Kash, we all know that resistance is futile. It's like the force, buy pipe and tobacco you will. :puffy:

goldsm

Can't Leave
Dec 10, 2013
Welcome!!!

I had a same "normal" symptom a year ago and so far reached 47 pipes.

Now? I am very happy when I am smoking.

Status
Not open for further replies.