Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Pluses: Lots of detail left in the blast, which is a pretty nice blast. Still has its stinger. Nomenclature all there. Hasn't been buffed to death.

Minuses: Significant oxidation of the stem and much thinner walls than I like. Some rim damage. Might have been over reamed.

Whoever bought this paid top dollar for it.

Jun 23, 2019
Thanks, gents. Buy It Now was $400. The buyer (not me) evidently made an off-line offer of $260, which was accepted. Sounds like he got a decent deal even with the minuses.

I'm no expert at dating Dunhills but if that pipe is from 1929, $260 seems like a pretty reasonable price. Even with the little bit of restoration you'll have to do. The starboard ripple grain is excellent and the stem appears to be in good condition.

Incidentally, didn't know you can do this on eBay. How did you find out the seller took an offline offer? I've always been curious about making such offers.

Humblepipe

Lifer
Sep 13, 2019
Guerneville, CA
I'm no expert at dating Dunhills but if that pipe is from 1929, $260 seems like a pretty reasonable price. Even with the little bit of restoration you'll have to do. The starboard ripple grain is excellent and the stem appears to be in good condition.

Incidentally, didn't know you can do this on eBay. How did you find out the seller took an offline offer? I've always been curious about making such offers.

I know the guy through EBay.

I met the gent via EBay. He's not a forum member. I actually do restoration work for him in trade for pipes. Ha, ha, "will work for pipes". It's come to that... the struggle is real!

A strategy that I often employ is what he did. Follow the pipe... if no bids/no sale use the "contact seller" option to negotiate a price. If the seller accepts, they send you an official offer for the agreed price. Back door deal, but covered by the usual EBay protections (for what they are worth). Incidentally, I have decided to restore a few pipes in trade for the Dunhill this thread is about. Appreciate all the feedback from everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.