PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
I have recently noticed that on my Kindle Fire 10 I see a triangle with an exclamation mark inside at the start of the address bar whenever I log in using that device. On my Windows 10 PC I also see that icon along with the message "Unsecure Site".

Anyone else notice this? Am I safe using the site whilst I have a supposedly unsecure connection?

Regards,

Jay.?

stokesdale

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 17, 2020
Stokesdale
It is secure.

The reason you're seeing that is because before we got SSL there were several articles / posts that had images linked with the absolute address (versus relative) using http:// and the browser detects that as insecure as it is not https://
Hmmm, I don't know, just look at this guy, looks kind of shifty to me--moustache, suit, tie, glasses, pipe hanging out of his mouth. He calls himself "Admin" and all, but he probably just made up that screen name. Hmmm...I'd be careful when he says this site is secure if I were you...:sher:

kurtbob

Lifer
Jul 9, 2019
SE Georgia
Hmmm, I don't know, just look at this guy, looks kind of shifty to me--moustache, suit, tie, glasses, pipe hanging out of his mouth. He calls himself "Admin" and all, but he probably just made up that screen name. Hmmm...I'd be careful when he says this site is secure if I were you...:sher:
Right??? Kinda gives me the Matrix vibe! I don’t know if I should smoke the RED Virginia or the Capstan BLUE pill :ROFLMAO:

Kevin, of course, fully addresses the problem above. I never received any warnings. But, I would just guess that if I saw that warning, I just wouldn't be entering any credit card numbers into this site. puffy

If someone is worried that what they post isn't secure, then the news for you is that the whole world can read everything you post in these forums.

Reactions: admin and kurtbob

kurtbob

Lifer
Jul 9, 2019
SE Georgia
Kevin, of course, fully addresses the problem above. I never received any warnings. But, I would just guess that if I saw that warning, I just wouldn't be entering any credit card numbers into this site. puffy

If someone is worried that what they post isn't secure, then the news for you is that the whole world can read everything you post in these forums.

If someone is worried that what they post isn't secure, then the news for you is that the whole world can read everything you post in these forums

Exactly.....

Reactions: admin

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Cyber security isn't my forte, but I've always considered most of what I do online as a public performance. Forums is probably more secure than most chat groups, since Kevin and mods are minding the store.

Reactions: kurtbob

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
Cyber security isn't my forte, but I've always considered most of what I do online as a public performance.

That’s the right attitude. Remember when you used to go to a men’s clothing store, and the tailor would measure your inseam? It felt a little more intimate than one would like while shopping.

Well, the modern internet is that tailor, but he’s not nearly as polite. And he doesn’t ask first.

Status
Not open for further replies.