Is Pipe Tobacco Currently Threatened in USA?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

156 Fresh Peterson Pipes
48 Fresh Neerup Pipes
18 Fresh Rossi Pipes
9 Fresh Caminetto Pipes
3 Fresh Ping Zhan Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
This is exactly why there are billions of companies that will stay at the bottom of the fish tank. Just look at what swarovski is doing. The regular news is perplexed that they are closing all retail and pulling contracts with all of their big box and retailers, and tripling their prices. Meanwhile the business news is using them as the model for getting out of the crapper. They make and sell glass crystals. They started out being priced like gemstones and fell to shit when they started bringing their product to the everyday person. By making themself more exclusive, they return to the luxury market they once commanded.

I do understand the concept.. But my point was that the American consumer is a mindless fool. I spent many years selling cars and I understand the mind of a fool.. It takes fools to make our current situation work well. Good thing we have em.

Michael, your words were "all eyewear", not all eyewear frames. I can only go by what you write, I'm unable to read your mind from 600 plus miles away.
The misunderstanding is a part of the economics. People are tricked into thinking that cost has something to do with quality, right? Ray Bans, they gotta be better than Walmart brands right? Same damn things. Nikes verses Buddy shoes, same things. Nothing Nike has designed into their shoes makes them better. Dunhill pipes verses Savinelli... we can go on and on into the artisans of Dunhill and their QC, etc etc... but it falls down to what the marketing has made you believe.

So, there has to be something about these products that make them better... but really it's about marketing.

What the hell is this thread about anyways? ha ha

Reactions: edger and jpmcwjr
I do understand the concept.. But my point was that the American consumer is a mindless fool. I spent many years selling cars and I understand the mind of a fool.. It takes fools to make our current situation work well. Good thing we have em.
Ha ha, yeh, when I opened my jewelry store I had to do some unlearning to make it float.
Goats for example... you can sell your meat for the going rate, or you can get a contract with Wholefoods and make 5xs as much. People actually buy $15 jars of peanut butter. I shit you not.
I remember jay Leno said during one of the inflations of gas prices that if the price of gas keeps rising, you'll only be able to find gasoline on the shelves of Wholefoods.

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
Ok, I'm done with the human race.

It's
all
HOPELESS!!!

The jars that the UN will send by air drop are gonna be free.. That'll help restore your hope.

I still cant make the smiley and laughy faces work.. I see the button but it's not working. Either way, add a laughy face to that last part.. so they don't know I'm on to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.