PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

frennchy11

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 28, 2011
So a while back I had a tenon break off one of my pipe stems and today I decided to use superglue to put it back together. So is it going to be ok to smoke? Or will the glue be toxic?

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
I would seriously doubt that it is harmful in that quantity or that it would adversely impact your smoking experiance.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
As long as you're not lighting the glue on fire and smoking super glue smoke. I reckon you'll be fine.

frennchy11

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 28, 2011
Awesome! I have been really missing this pipe but didnt want to buy a new stem since the pipe was only 20$.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
What type of pipe is it? If it is a Mr. Brog he does replace stems for $5 each...

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
I agree with the previous posts, but let the glue cure for 24 hours before you smoke the pipe. The extra time will allow the glue to fully cure and should make the bond a little stronger. Don’t be surprised if the glue fails somewhere down the road like say in few months depending on how often and hot you smoke. The heat of smoking and moisture may affect it after awhile.

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
LOL, I am so glad that this thread is about the safety of smoking super glue instead of what I assumed it was going to be...

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
Be careful with superglue. I have glued my fingers together. You should have heard my wife laughing, while she got the fingernail polish remover.

Status
Not open for further replies.