PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rushx9

Lifer
Jul 10, 2019
Shelby, NC
I tend to smoke my Lat blends more in colder weather and VAs more in warm weather. Aromatics whenever the mood strikes. That said, I still tend to get at least one Va dominant blend in per day in the winter and a light to medium English late at night in the summer as long as it's not too swealtery out. I can smoke light Englishes like Presbyterian year round, but do enjoy them most in the spring and fall.

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
I mostly agree and my tobacco taste is somewhat seasonal. I'll smoke whatever sounds good regardless of the season, but it tends more towards Latakia in the colder months and more towards burley and Virginia in the warmer months.

I especially enjoy the change of the seasons and doing "seasonal" things along with those changes, and I include tobacco in that. Some Straus Sleepy Hollow in the Fall, Christmas Cheer around Christmas, and plenty of cobs and burley in the summer. Sleepy Hollow and Christmas Cheer are "seasonal" mainly because I treat them that way. They could be smoked any time. I just enjoy the "seasonal" component which I (and the blenders who decided how to market them) impose on them.

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
This is my first piping winter, and I have retreated to the garage. I found that flavours became more subtle the colder it got, so I have been reaching for heavier blends, mostly with generous amounts of Latakia. Could it be the hot beverages I take out with me (instead of beer, for example) pair better with Latakia blends?

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
This is my first piping winter, and I have retreated to the garage. I found that flavours became more subtle the colder it got, so I have been reaching for heavier blends, mostly with generous amounts of Latakia. Could it be the hot beverages I take out with me (instead of beer, for example) pair better with Latakia blends?
Can't say for myself, as I never drink anything when smoking, but some guys here seem to need the combo of latakia and coffee, so there might be something to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.