PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gecko13

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
This has got to be a first for me as far as considering my pipe hobby in a career move. (A small percentage, but I still have it in mind.) I am currently in the process of interviewing for a career move/job in the Greensboro NC area. My last interview will be later this month when I will fly in and meet with managers and tour the facility. I was wondering if we have any list members out that way that can give me some intel on the area, and how the anti's are there...
:puffpipe:

johnd

Might Stick Around
Feb 2, 2012
I live in Raleigh. But I haven't had the chance to stop in Greensboro since I moved here late last year.
I can tell you that a pipe maker, Trever Talbert lives there. His work looks great and he makes two different lines and some other things as well.
http://www.talbertpipes.pair.com/index.shtml
He has an interesting bio, definitely worth reading.

He also posts on Facebook and Twitter and maintains a Blog.
Here is a link for a shop called the Pipe and Pint in Greensboro. http://www.thepipeandpint.com/

They sell Talbert pipes and other makes. They also sell cigars, wines and upscale beers.
Hope this helps a bit.

trevert

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 11, 2009
NC
I have no idea what became of this situation, but yes, Greensboro is a wonderful place to live in if you're a pipester. Pipe & Pint has you covered for pipes, tobaccos, cigars, awesome beer, wine, and more! It's the perfect place to go sit for an afternoon.

jwp159

Can't Leave
Jan 1, 2010
The Pipe and Pint is a great place. There is no smoking in the bars or restaurants or any other buildings. I believe the parks are still open for smoking though there has been talk of some people trying to change that. I have never had any trouble with people on the street, they seem ok with pipe smokers and you can smoke outside any where as far as I know. I live about 30 minutes from Greensboro.

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
I make it a point to drive from Charlotte to the Pipe and Pint when I am in town on business. Great place!!
What's also cool is that they host a trip every Friday night to the local minor league baseball team, the Grashoppers. You can enjoy your pipes/cigars and beers while you watch the game.......... :lol:

gecko13

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
I had a very good job offer there, but declined it. With daughter off to college this fall and other obstacles, it just wasn't a good time to move. Too bad though as it was a nice bump in salary that could have lead to bigger TAD/PAD orders.
:puffpipe:

Status
Not open for further replies.