PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
Ennerdale is the first Lakeland I've tried, and based on reviews of it and other Lakelands (and what I know of my own preferences), it's almost certainly the one I want to stick with.
I'd strongly suggest you try the others. Dark Flake Scented is amazing, Conniston Cut Plug is divine, 1792 - not a Lakeland - is in my top 5, Bob's choc flake is entry-level in terms of saucing, yet blows any other aro out the water.

Reactions: SBC

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
But, it gets confusing talking about this one with those who have only had it in the past. It took me a while to realize that we were all talking about completely different things, and this would be my biggest criticism of GH&co... be f'n consistent!!! Stop meandering around with the sauces and what goes on what like drunken airline employees with our luggage. Even a bunch of pimple faced 16 year olds in a fast food box can crank out better consistency than them.
As someone who spent a good 10 years of his life carefully measuring minute volumes of liquids and transferring them between miniscule vials (biochemist) I laughed when watching a G&H video talking about "the careful addition of flavours", while showing a guy eyeing out and pouring from various dusty bottles. Granted, it was a video from the late 60s/early 70s so things should have improved since then. But this was pure measuring by eye...poorly :P

As someone who spent a good 10 years of his life carefully measuring minute volumes of liquids and transferring them between miniscule vials (biochemist) I laughed when watching a G&H video talking about "the careful addition of flavours", while showing a guy eyeing out and pouring from various dusty bottles. Granted, it was a video from the late 60s/early 70s so things should have improved since then. But this was pure measuring by eye...poorly :P

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
I think I need to re-iterate... If someone has tried this one in the past and thought it was "scented" and not an aromatic, in that it wasn't goopy. There is no telling what you will get on your next order of Ennerdale. Mine is as goopy as any Sutliff or Lane blend. There was absolutely no rose geranium, and nothing that would remind me of a Lakelands, and I love many Lakelands blends.

In that last thread where the guys were waxing about this one just after it had dropped, I came on there to say that i had bought some, and no one had mentioned that it was a straight up aromatic. I was disappointed.

I won't be rolling the dice again. because I fear that they would put the rose geranium back. And, that is my least favorite Lakeland aroma.

What I got was like every chewing gum and bubble gum flavoring rolled into one, and it was sopping wet with it. If you don't like aros... well... maybe the next batch will be more lakelandy... who knows with GH&co or SG these days.

But, it gets confusing talking about this one with those who have only had it in the past. It took me a while to realize that we were all talking about completely different things, and this would be my biggest criticism of GH&co... be f'n consistent!!! Stop meandering around with the sauces and what goes on what like drunken airline employees with our luggage. Even a bunch of pimple faced 16 year olds in a fast food box can crank out better consistency than them.
I’ve been smoking GH for a long time. The inconsistency is the only constant.
It’s not a new thing. I wouldn’t have it any other way.