Is Dunhill Really Going to Stop All Tobacco Production?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
I know that everyone has said Dunhill is stopping production, and I see that several of the blends are unavailable online, but some of them are still very available. I've been buying Dark Flake to stock up.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
It's been pretty well documented that they have ceased production. It appears that many vendors have uncovered some stashes of certain blends. Unfortunately, MM965 is not in that group, at least not that I've found.

ernieq

Might Stick Around
Aug 9, 2018
Yeah, they've quit. Not every supplier runs out at once, and in my recent experience Dark flake wasn't a great seller (as good as it is) so there's still some available if you look around. EMP, Nightcap etc...went fast. Navy Rolls is still available in places if you look.
In Europe, Robert McConnell has clone blends under similar names available (Night Club etc...). There are industry rumors that these will eventually be coming stateside, but the FDA is holding things up. No word on their accuracy/quality yet.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
In Europe, Robert McConnell has clone blends under similar names available (Night Club etc...). There are industry rumors that these will eventually be coming stateside, but the FDA is holding things up. No word on their accuracy/quality yet.
From the reviews I've seem they're quality blends, but not the same as the STG product. For example, the McConnell Navy Rolls version has Cavendish in it, and the Royal Yacht version has less topping.

donjgiles

Lifer
Apr 14, 2018
I have read the similarities of the new "Navy Rolls" and Luxury Bullseye Flake are rather apparent, sounds like rebranding to me.

foursidedtriangle

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 22, 2018
Yes Dunhill is mostly gone, there is a copycat line of tobaccos getting produced in Europe but of course they are not a replica.

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
Search for the Robert McConnel replicas, this is the only for sure thing for now.

ernieq

Might Stick Around
Aug 9, 2018
I have read the similarities of the new "Navy Rolls" and Luxury Bullseye Flake are rather apparent, sounds like rebranding to me.
Open up a tin of Escudo and a tin of Navy Rolls. Look at them side by side and smoke them. Unless you have two tins of drastically different age or "Super Spidey Sense" i'd wager you couldn't tell the difference. Luxury Bullseye has Cavendish in the center. I'm fairly certain it's a different blend.

E.

slowwideturns

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 16, 2012
First mcclelland and now this? Dunhill tobacco's were most of my favorites. Time to start stockpiling I guess. What is the world coming to?

unkleyoda

Lifer
Aug 22, 2016
Your mom\\\'s house
First mcclelland and now this? Dunhill tobacco's were most of my favorites. Time to start stockpiling I guess. What is the world coming to?
Man, you're kinda late to the dance. I've been stockpiling for a year+. Most stock at retailers is gone already.

slowwideturns

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 16, 2012
I keep quite a bit around, and my local b&m still has a lot. It looks like I'm paying them a visit soon and dropping some serious cash haha

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I have assembled a nice little stash of my fave Dunhill blends. Since the ones I am fondest of were not the most popular,I had no trouble assembling my stash a year or so ago. (I had been cellaring Flake for years.)

Some of the blends that were recently reintroduced to the states - Dark Flake, MM 1938,Ye Olde Signe, among others - are still readily available.

Status
Not open for further replies.