PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

DanielB33

Lurker
Jan 27, 2023
Perth
Hello , just wondering why so many people dont like irish twist , or people say its too strong or not for begginers as its 1 of my favorites i have a bowl before bed nearly every night , currently having a bowl in my Peterson 999 dracula , really want to try brown boggie next

Attachments

• 20230128_183531.jpg
    20230128_183531.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 11

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
I was not aware of a general dislike... I find it strong, but I like the barbecue charred meat vibe.

There are rope smokers who are more inclined towards the brown ropes than the black Irish, because they are specifically looking for more nicotine.

DanielB33

Lurker
Jan 27, 2023
Perth
Different strokes for different folks. I personally like stronger tobacco and I have it at night as well. Just like I have to have Nicaraguan cigars. I like the boldness of them.
I used to like toscano cigars , italian pretty strong , u should try them very good for the price here in uk cigars are very expensive

Reactions: eljimmy

DanielB33

Lurker
Jan 27, 2023
Perth
I also like the twists and ropes in small pipes for the night. These days I smoke Black XX Kendal twist in a small cob often as last smoke of the day. It’s an easy going tobacco with a hearty bold taste.View attachment 197977 It reminds me of smoking the Gitanes or Gauloise cigarettes, when I was younger.
Same as me , i have a mm legend that i use just for irish twist just thought id mix it up and use my peterson tonight :)

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
I got told it was a lot stronger dont know if thats the case but will find out soon lol
I don’t find it to be much stronger and they’re both quite similar to my palate but I’d be interested to hear your take after trying both. They’re just different enough for me to want one or the other on a particular day but not enough that I’d lose any sleep if I had to substitute in a pinch. YMMV

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI