PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
I just received (from SP) my first acrylic army mount. A 406 with straight stem. I've owned a number of army mount vulcanite p-lips but they were never particularly comfortable in my mouth. This new one is excellent and comfortable and I can avoid the dreaded oxidization. The fishtail really works for me,too. BTW, I ordered late on Friday and it's here on Tuesday! Any opinions?

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Have 406 with army mount. It's this year's St. Paddy's Day pipe. Has slightly bent stem with fishtail. Smokes great. But the bowl is on small side being prince model. Usually reserved for second bowl of the day if I decide to have second that day.

Reactions: edger

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
Have 406 with army mount. It's this year's St. Paddy's Day pipe. Has slightly bent stem with fishtail. Smokes great. But the bowl is on small side being prince model. Usually reserved for second bowl of the day if I decide to have second that day.
Acrylic or vulcanite? Maybe all fishtails are acrylic now, I’ve been out of the Peterson loop since the70’s. I’m on my second bowl of break in tobacco. Great smoker!

Reactions: bullet08

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Acrylic or vulcanite? Maybe all fishtails are acrylic now, I’ve been out of the Peterson loop since the70’s. I’m on my second bowl of break in tobacco. Great smoker!
It's acrylic. All army models come now with acrylic stems. But the stems are well made. On the other hand, I find acrylic p-lip to be rather uncomfortable. But fishtails are great.

elasmo

Can't Leave
Mar 23, 2019
I have an Irish Army stashed away. I may be saving it to gift to my brother-in-law. I'm a big fan of the Peterson army mount, but the pipe itself is a wee bit small for my tastes.

Status
Not open for further replies.