PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
Since the other thread was about retailers doing discounts, I wanted to start a thread to see if anyone was going to do anything to ‘celebrate’ IPSD on Saturday. I know it’s difficult for a lot of you to get out and attend any type of event given current gathering restrictions and what not.

So - even if you aren’t gonna get out with a group of folks, will you be doing anything different that day? Perhaps cracking open a tin you’ve been eyeing for several years and smoking whatever’s inside from a favorite, rarely used pipe?

If so, I think it’d be cool to have this thread serve as a photo-bombed running update on Saturday. @alaskanpiper and I have some plans brewing and, if we have reception, intend to share them with you all in real time. If our plans come together, it’d be fun to see what some of you are doing as well, from various B&M gatherings to back yard events to whatever else...

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
Great idea for a thread. It shouldn’t always be about buying stuff.

Unfortunately there’s nothing going on within hours of me and even if there were, between Covid and a foot of snow and ice and -20 F temps only Yetis would actually travel to any events (by {very} large foot of course...). And yes, little known fact they do smoke pipes and rumor has it they might actually carve them as well but have a frontman selling them as they have difficulties with banking, shipping, etc.

So, no, sadly, I have no plans. Although I suppose I could sit outside and smoke in the polar conditions with an empty chair next to me with a guest pipe loaded and ready in case any Yetis happen to appear and want to visit over a pipe? Hmm, that actually sounds good right now. ?

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Great idea for a thread. It shouldn’t always be about buying stuff.

Unfortunately there’s nothing going on within hours of me and even if there were, between Covid and a foot of snow and ice and -20 F temps only Yetis would actually travel to any events (by {very} large foot of course...). And yes, little known fact they do smoke pipes and rumor has it they might actually carve them as well but have a frontman selling them as they have difficulties with banking, shipping, etc.

So, no, sadly, I have no plans. Although I suppose I could sit outside and smoke in the polar conditions with an empty chair next to me with a guest pipe loaded and ready in case any Yetis happen to appear and want to visit over a pipe? Hmm, that actually sounds good right now. ?
If u try it make sure to have donuts. Everyone knows yetis love donuts.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Saturday will be my first day in over a week with temps completely above freezing.

I have been burning cobs and aromatics in a barrel under the house to keep the pipes from freezing.

My only real smoking over the past week has been 3 cigars in the CRV.

Looking forward to some Coniston Saturday, I think.

1613672301656.jpeg

Trainpipeman

Can't Leave
Feb 4, 2021
Rhode Island
Since the other thread was about retailers doing discounts, I wanted to start a thread to see if anyone was going to do anything to ‘celebrate’ IPSD on Saturday. I know it’s difficult for a lot of you to get out and attend any type of event given current gathering restrictions and what not.

So - even if you aren’t gonna get out with a group of folks, will you be doing anything different that day? Perhaps cracking open a tin you’ve been eyeing for several years and smoking whatever’s inside from a favorite, rarely used pipe?

If so, I think it’d be cool to have this thread serve as a photo-bombed running update on Saturday. @alaskanpiper and I have some plans brewing and, if we have reception, intend to share them with you all in real time. If our plans come together, it’d be fun to see what some of you are doing as well, from various B&M gatherings to back yard events to whatever else...
I think it would be nice to see what others are doing on IPSD.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Here in SoCal, we've had 30+ mph winds for a week straight. Not exactly ideal. Should calm down tomorrow, but snow is rolling in tomorrow night into Saturday. If I can squeeze in a bowl, it will be one of the two lovely samples I received (shout out to @kschatey for these. Many thanks!).
Gosh, I'm an R-tard. Forgot to say what they even were. Watch City Slices and Peacehaven. Snow lets up Saturday afternoon, so I'll be able to squeeze a bowl in if I'm not freezing my nuts off.