PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rattray

Hi there!

Hailing from Canada, I have been smoking my pipes for 20 years. As my username suggests, Rattray is the name and Hal O' The Wynd, is the game. After venturing for a few years when I started in the hobby, I discovered HOTW and have been smoking this weed almost exclusively over the last 15 years. Nightcap is my other go to when I need a change of pace. I own 6 Dunhill and 3 Ashton pipes. I am quite satisfied with them and don't feel the need for more.
I'm glad to join the forums and look forward to the chats.

Rattray

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Welcome from Florida. Here are few blends that are readily available here in the US.
Peterson Flake
Peterson Navy Rolls
Escudo
Capstan Blue Flake
Mac Baren Old Dark Fired
Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky
Solani 660 Silver Flake
Solani 633
These are all flake tobacco as that is what I smoke.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That's a very responsible pipe rotation, prudent. I'm the guy who has a few up-market treasures, but mostly factory pipes sourced from a number of different nations. There is lots of expertise and history available here, but beware of Tobacco Acquisition Disorder (TAD) and other contagions at this site. Welcome aboard.

trubka2

Lifer
Feb 27, 2019
Welcome! I'm a Hal man myself, smoking it as I type, as it happens. You wouldn't happen to know what year they changed the tin description to include KY and Perique? Got a tin I'd like to date.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
All best wishes and greetings from the Monterey Peninsula!

Some people find that their pipe acquistion mojo increases just by being here. Good luck!

R

Rattray

Welcome! I'm a Hal man myself, smoking it as I type, as it happens. You wouldn't happen to know what year they changed the tin description to include KY and Perique? Got a tin I'd like to date.

I wish I could help. I have no idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.