PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skatutakee

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 22, 2021
Massachusetts / New Hampshire
Let’s see ... Currently taking advantage of the plague to work “from home” in southern New Hampshire, though I’m a Massachusetts resident and a Missouri native. Sitting in my backyard watching the sun go down over a little mountain called Skatutakee (hence the handle). Discovered a taste for cigars in my 20s (I’m well into my 50s now), and still love them. Have tried multiple times to take to piping, and over the last few years it finally took. (You know what I think made the difference? I stopped asking pipes to be cigars-but-different, and let myself enjoy them for what they are). So now I really love a good aromatic, because (I conclude) it is about as far away from cigar world as possible? (But then why do I love that whiff of cigar in Eileen’s Dream?) My humidor is sadly neglected lately (summer will change that ... my Avos are starting to call to me ...), but my old pipes are getting a workout (and a fair number of new siblings). Most of my pipes hew close to the bent billiard, but I just fell in love with the cutest little bulldog...

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Welcome from Florida. I originally grew up Boston. I learned how to ski at Mt. Sunapee. Once I stopped skiing there was no reason to live up there and I came to a place 6 miles or so from one of the best beaches in the world, Siesta Key Beach. It is made of 99% quartz and is always cool to the touch even if it is 100 degrees out.
I hope you enjoy yourself here. There is a bunch of cool and funny people like me. Then there are the encyclopedia guys who know everything which is cool as they always answer questions for the new guys.

Reactions: Skatutakee

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Thank you for causing me to look up the Balearic Islands. I knew the name Mallorca but not the island name. Lots of guys willing to answer questions or talk pipes here.

Reactions: Skatutakee

Skatutakee

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 22, 2021
Massachusetts / New Hampshire
Welcome from Florida. I originally grew up Boston. I learned how to ski at Mt. Sunapee. Once I stopped skiing there was no reason to live up there and I came to a place 6 miles or so from one of the best beaches in the world, Siesta Key Beach. It is made of 99% quartz and is always cool to the touch even if it is 100 degrees out.
I hope you enjoy yourself here. There is a bunch of cool and funny people like me. Then there are the encyclopedia guys who know everything which is cool as they always answer questions for the new guys.
Thanks! I’ve had some pretty good times on Sunapee (but stopped skiing a while back myself — it just became too expensive and way too crowded). Still love it here, though, winters and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.