PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Dave Barry, the Miami columnist, and some of his friends came up with this holiday. it happens to be the day I lost my late wife back in 2000, which might seem kind of cruel, but she was a big Dave Barry fan and had a lightning fast wit and a wry sense of humor, and would think the coincidence entirely droll. This day always reminds me of all of the funny and unexpected things she said. I always said she was a NASCAR qualified driver, and she never got honked at or gestured at; though she wore glasses, her peripheral vision was incredible. She knew where everyone else was. I saw some really hot drivers get out of the passenger seat with white knuckles.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Ahoy there matees; a reminder that today be International Talk Like a Pirate Day, Arr!
View attachment 170153
Technically it means talk how you want day. Or in other words if you want to be real you just have to swear more. And if you say it right scallywags is a swear.
On yeah one of my favorite grandpa jokes....
A pirate captian walks into a bar and has a car steering wheel jutting out of the fly of his pants. The bar tender asks him how he has been. The captain says "aye things ave been good but me crews been driving me nuts".