72 Fresh Savinelli Pipes
24 Fresh Brebbia Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Recent Posts

irishearl

Preferred Member
Aug 2, 2016
For those unfamiliar, Spotify is an online music streaming service which is my favorite due to its site features and music content. However, their app stopped working for me recently no matter what I tried. In researching the issue online discovered Spotify's suggestion to simply use their web player instead. Not only does that eliminate all problems for me including how the app routinely would corrupt and have to be reinstalled frequently, but there are no annoying ads on the web player. I've always only used free versions of such services. Now I get ad-free without paying for the privilege.

mso489

Preferred Member
Feb 21, 2013
...or for tech flunk-outs, smart speakers can often supply music on request, though it is not exactly Spotify.

Drucquers Banner

irishearl

Preferred Member
Aug 2, 2016
Mike, I still have a number of vinyl records from my younger days-early 70's.

mikethompson

Preferred Member
Jun 26, 2016
If you still have the means to play them, I suggest you give them a listen. I'm still surprised how much better sound quality is on the vinyl over Sirius for example.

Spotify is the biggest music streaming company in the world with 217 million members and was started by the two Swedish guys Daniel Ek and och (Tradedoubler) Martin Lorentzon back in 2006. But I don't use their streaming service myself because I prefer ONLY FLAC format and Spotify offers only 320 kbps MP3.

olkofri

Preferred Member
Sep 9, 2017
Meh, another one of those sites that require you to have an account with them in order to access content. I thought it was like last.fm which is was more like old radio where all you needed was to tune in, no data mining involved.
Now, last.fm seems to have done to the dogs too: they're just pulling the songs off Youtube. Might as well just use Youtube or buy the CDs.
Disappointing.

Drucquers Banner