PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

vespertillio

Can't Leave
Jul 9, 2012
Every once in a while something gets posted on CL that is quite interesting and I just wanted to share my recent find. A few folks in the office have taken to the pipe recently and I been looking for a rack or other method of storing some 'office' pipes and tobacco. I checked CL and was lucky enough to find this little beauty:

Apparently it was made by the Hanson Clock Company. I'm getting varied dates from the 20's to 50's on this one. It is missing the inner tobacco pouch holder piece and a part of the front facade but otherwise is in quite good shape. For my simple purposes it works great as it hides the true treasure from the 'PC muggles' that come thru the office. :)
Cheers all.

kyrob

Might Stick Around
Apr 15, 2011
Man, I pass by the old smoking stands in antique stores all the time, I need to start opening them up and checking for lazy Susans. I really like that, congrats!

vespertillio

Can't Leave
Jul 9, 2012
Many thanks all. So far it has been received quite well. I'm thinking tobacco storage requests may be coming in soon.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Very nice score!! Trying running searches for "retail fixtures". I found this from an abandoned storage unit on Craigslist for $100. After a couple hundred in rewiring it's good as new :)

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
You have cool stuff to put in them. With me, it would just be classic death metal vinyls, old computer parts and fountain pens.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Sounds perfect to me! LOVE fountain pens and old computer parts! Never was angry enough for death metal... Doesn't really count I don't think, but when I was in rehab in Saint Paul I saw GWAR at first avenue and it was one of the best shows I've ever seen!! Unfortunately, since turning 40, my ability to adopt music styles unfamiliar to me has gone poof, along, it seems, with my sense of smell and my memory. Wait... what were we talking about?

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Congrats Vespertillio ... cool that you can have it at work, too. 8)
Hope to see you back on the Poker tables soon! :puffy:

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Very nice cabinet. I have my grandfather's tobacco cabinet from the 1920's. Copper lined and a nice accent piece in our living room. Those old pieces have a lot of charm.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Perfect! If you can keep your pipes and tobacco on that scale, it is an admirable feat. I remember when my pipes fit in a basket on the bookcase. Those were the days.

Status
Not open for further replies.