PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

n_irwin

Can't Leave
Apr 15, 2022
Oklahoma, USA
I recently picked up a couple Peterson estates on eBay. Both pipes have a marking on the bottom that l’m unfamiliar with, as it doesn’t seem typical of the manufacturer. It’s a GH or an HG. I’ll include a picture for reference. Is it the initials of a previous owner? Or maybe the logo of a tobacconist where the pipes were originally purchased?

I’m wondering if any of you have come across this stamping before.

The pipes are older models, the straight billard being pre-republic. And the seller was from Germany, if that’s helpful.

I recently reached out to the seller to see if he had any information on the history of the pipes and I’m awaiting his reply.

I’d be glad to have any information you can share, out of curiosity. Thanks in advance for your input.

E2EEA78D-0147-4389-A2AB-76C10EC0521E.jpegA59BBE1F-52B4-49F7-9DB9-EF1DDEFEC9D8.jpeg

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
That’s really interesting! I have three Orlik virgins with the same old hüber logo. The orliks have a made in England (as opposed to London made) COM, so that places them from 1974-80. Not sure if that helps with your Pete’s.

Reactions: scloyd and n_irwin

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Super! Thanks!
your avatar pic really works well with this comment. They both match perfectly in this one instance.
Sorry, after I posted Buy a copy, it's a great book, I thought it seemed a little rude. I probably could of worded it better. It is a great book though.
seriously dude people hate when you recommend great books. Oh wait other way round, they like it a lot. Sorry got a bit turned around.