PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
I came across this video and thought it was interesting. I know lots of people have differing thoughts on Meerschaum pipes and their care but I thought I would share this. Its a long video but there's lots of information in the video, so light up a pipe and sit back and relax as this gentleman discusses meerschaum pipes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFrzVXXQtAI

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Thanks, but I never watch anything instructional over 5-6 minutes. Cute stuff, 1 minute. Pipe loading or smoking instruction, 3 minutes max.

bonehed

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 27, 2014
I enjoyed it, thanks for posting. Interesting especially was the weight of the soaked block - for those who don't watch, he weighed a block before and after soaking it in water... dry it was 108g, wet it was 178g.

Since I got a NOS Tanganyika block meer pipe a few days ago, it's all I've smoked, putting 8-10 bowls a day through it with zero issues. And though I miss my briars, it is tough to beat.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
jpmcwjr - don't think of it as an instructional video as that isn't what it is. Think of it as listening to the Pipes Magazine radio show and you're listening to the gentleman discuss all subjects of meerschaum pipes. For anyone that's been interested in buying a meerschaum pipe but hasn't because they were skeptical, this video may help you get over any hesitations you may have had before. I thought it was a good, but everyone will have their own opinion.

Jan 8, 2013
I saw this post just before I was about to head to bed. Early morning tomorrow. I'll check it out tomorrow night :) Thanks Metal!

Status
Not open for further replies.