PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Dr. Van Loafer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 3, 2022
Indiana
Greetings! I recently watched a content creator for YTPC state that come June 1 it may be difficult to acquire tobacco for those residing in Indiana. (Specifically they referenced WarHorse) I have perused and read up on various current regulations but cannot find anything about new regulations hitting June 1. Does anyone else know about this? Thanks!

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
Greetings! I recently watched a content creator for YTPC state that come June 1 it may be difficult to acquire tobacco for those residing in Indiana. (Specifically they referenced WarHorse) I have perused and read up on various current regulations but cannot find anything about new regulations hitting June 1. Does anyone else know about this? Thanks!
Another thing to remember come November ! : Home - https://www.in.gov/health/tpc/

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
I went on the link. Who the hell wrote that garbage? They used every progressive buzz word in the book. With all of the; diversity, equity, inclusion, ect. I didn't know if they wanted me to quit smoking or accept another gender class. It just oozes with total bullshit. Absolutely laughable and condescending.

Dr. Van Loafer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 3, 2022
Indiana
I went on the link. Who the hell wrote that garbage? They used every progressive buzz word in the book. With all of the; diversity, equity, inclusion, ect. I didn't know if they wanted me to quit smoking or accept another gender class. It just oozes with total bullshit. Absolutely laughable and condescending.
Agreed. They want you to stop smoking and of course be inclusive to all…except for pipe smokers…they must be banished from existence. #Tolerance

Dr. Van Loafer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 3, 2022
Indiana
That's from your state's health dept website setting forth their policy and goals. I believe its current policy so watch out for future developments.
Will certainly do. As long as I can smoke on my porch we are okay…oh and the occasional smoke on a walk in nature.

JimPM

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 14, 2021
Although I now live in Ohio, as a native born Hoosier, I can say in general Indiana is very much conservative in outlook especially when it comes to government interference. That piece of legislation is silly and I would be surprised if it passes

Dr. Van Loafer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 3, 2022
Indiana
As goes Indiana, so goes the World :

Nobodies front porch is safe now !
Thanks for sharing this, these kind of articles paint with such broad brush strokes regarding any tobacco product assuming they are all the same. Frustrating.

Jan 30, 2020
New Jersey
Reports like that are disturbing. One could make similar reports for pretty much anything and apply the same logic if it became the target of a group. You could do it for coffee for example if it fell out of favor by the right people.

It’s a slippery slope similar to discussions on specific health related taxes or insurance plans for smoking, sugar intake, weight, whatever the target may be for a particular topic.

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
Is the sky really falling? I think not but, everyone should hold with their own fears I suppose. I simply find it tiresome to think about "what ifs." I have enough on my plate.
I generally agree the sky isn't falling but i seems there are little storms brewing everywhere and its all about power and control. I think we just need to stand our ground, say no and be aware of their schemes and machinations. Alot of these issues are emotional red herrings to distract from far worse ongoings usually involving money.