Indiana Jones Is Coming Out This Summer.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
as always who knows. Remember people thought the first jar jar infested star wars would be great. I mean I heard about it then forgot but if the right people like it I may check it out. But as long as there is no Shia lewhatever it's all good (I mean in life not that movie).

Reactions: bullet08

ADKPiper

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 13, 2020
Adirondack Mountains
I'm not hopeful.
Another classic franchise that Disney has bought.
If past efforts are an indication they will kill it.
Indiana Jones with a time machine?
Gimme a break!

Reactions: bullet08

dunnyboy

Lifer
Jul 6, 2018
New York
Harrison Ford is enjoying something of a renaissance this year. He's in 1923, a prequel to Yellowstone; Shrinking, a comedy series with Jason Segel on Netflix; and soon this Indiana Jones sequel. Pretty good for an 80-year-old! (political crack omitted)

Last edited by a moderator:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
These retirement sequels anticipate an audience of older movie goers. Ahem, we'll see how that works. Four mature women stars appear a in a movie about going to the Super Bowl, though I think the actual Super Bowl may have upstaged them in terms of drama. And now Indiana Jones on Medicare. I'm in no position to be agist, but I do admire Anthony Hopkins for some of his roles confronting aging head-on, with one character who is an older man mocking the infirmities of age.

On the other hand, I think anyone under the age of 65 has to be careful about scorning aging altogether. I think people who grew up with grandparents they loved and respected have a lot better chance of living into vital old age and maintaining both their mental presence and their dignity. Some folks are just cued up to dislike their older selves, and this does not help.

Reactions: SBC and autumnfog