PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I already ordered my limit, but they still have 11 tins in stock. Get it while you can! Brilliant tobacco!!!
https://www.pipeandleaf.com/shop/john-aylesbury-luxury-flake-50g/

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Been at 11 for a couple of days now. Weird.
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/john-aylesbury-luxury-flake-in-stock-1

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I know right?! that's weird! Maybe a glitch? I might test and order a few more... someone's gonna miss out. Grab some before I do!

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Count yourself lucky! I haven't even seen enough of it to be picky about price :( I suppose prices, in general, travel in one direction. Gas used to cost a nickel.

Mar 1, 2014
A blend that others desire? I must have the forbidden fruit!

Or not :nana:
The usual suspects don't note anything special and for the price I really have to wonder what people see in the blend.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Been at 11 for a couple of days now. Weird.
It's been at 11 for about a week. It is pricey, but I don't care as it's what I'd have to pay at a B&M. The stuff sells out in a heartbeat at lower price points. I don't spend on a lot of things, so the extra $12 for 5 tins isn't going to cause me any great introspection.
The usual suspects don't note anything special and for the price I really have to wonder what people see in the blend.
People experience blends differently. JALF tastes like a chocolate malt wed to fine Virginia hay to me. Very rich and very smooth.
Nate, I have about 24 tins and never paid over $10 for any of them
I have about 18 tins of Balkan Sobranie and I didn't pay more than $11 for any of them. Good luck doing that now. People are shelling out $35 and up for a tin and that stuff is crap. Deals come and go. These days it's more go.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
I have about 18 tins of Balkan Sobranie and I didn't pay more than $11 for any of them
I hear you there. I never had the Balkan Sobranie so I have never jumped on the gotta have it train.
I just got lucky last year when P&C had that "buy more than 8 tins and the per tin price was like $8.96" or something like that. I put in an order for 12 (because I'm a cheap bastard and wanted the free shipping) and after thinking about it for like 7 seconds I put in another order for 12 and they both went through.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
There are so many fine straight VAs available for half the price, namely Christmas Cheer, Blackwoods Flake, that I'll pass.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I think it is over priced for what it is - given other possible options - except to those who love it, and those who hoard to resale at a profit. If you're in the former camp, then it's worth your money for your enjoyment. The latter enjoy money more than tobacco.

hiplainsdrifter

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 8, 2012
Who are these úsual suspects, and why do you give their opinions so much credence. I prefer to have my own opinions, and I love the stuff. It really wasn't that expensive till recently.
There are so many fine straight VAs available for half the price, namely Christmas Cheer, Blackwoods Flake, that I'll pass.
? Those are good too, but nothing like Aylesbury LF. You could at least compare similar blends, like CVP or Capstan Blue. But I guess McClelland doesn't make anything like that, seems like you are a McClelland guy.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Wow now they have more in stock! You're correct though.... It's overpriced tobacco for sure. There are far superior tobaccos out there for far less money. Tell your friends!

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I was just wondering about how that might be. It would be rare that a blender only hits one home run. I'll give that a try and blame you if I don't like it ;) thanks for the link!

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
Yo Woo - I believe I introed you to the St. John's, and maybe the JALF? I find them amazingly close. I'll have to puff them head to head to tease out the differences. They are slight, possibly just the topping. The tins may be the biggest difference. Interesting none of the TR reviewers reviewed both of these fine light VA flakes. Think of them as OGS or Reiners LGF minus the Per.
hp

les

Status
Not open for further replies.