In Search of a Meerschaum Pipe Carved in the Visage of Julius Caesar.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

burleyboy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2019
Europe
Just imagine, how the "What Are You Smoking Threads" would look like. Some stuff like "I'm about to finish a bowl of Carter Hall in a Didimauw figural meer. The Jiminks meer is already packed with Director's cut and ready to go..." would be going on all the time. This would bring up a whole new dimension of pairing pipes and tobaccos.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Just imagine, how the "What Are You Smoking Threads" would look like. Some stuff like "I'm about to finish a bowl of Carter Hall in a Didimauw figural meer. The Jiminks meer is already packed with Director's cut and ready to go..." would be going on all the time. This would bring up a whole new dimension of pairing pipes and tobaccos.
Hmm, I could have one carved from my avatar. ?

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011

I would dedicate the Embers meer to Penzance.

EDIT: and I don't even smoke Penzance...but if I had an Embers meer I'd have to start.

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
Which ever way you decide to go I suggest that you provide good pictorial reference of the Julius Caesar portrait you want it to look like or you're more likely to end up with something that looks more like Abdul Abulbul Amir.
Would that be Abdul Abulbul Amir the carpet merchant on the western corner of the suq or Abdul Abulbul Amir the spice merchant on the opposite corner?

diamondback

Lifer
Feb 22, 2019
Rockvale, TN
So I admit, I’ve a... severe man-crush on Julius Caesar. Now gentlemen, please understand I am a loyal and faithful husband to my beautiful wife, but oh, my dear Julius! ? And he was absolutely brilliant!

When I began studying Roman history a few years ago, I thought I’d not like Julius Gaius Caesar, however I came out absolutely loving the man!

@BROBS, have you ever carved meerschaum, you gifted arteest you?

• Haha
Reactions: BROBS
Status
Not open for further replies.