PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
I think these pipes represent the best of Peterson at a reasonable price. Most are less than $100 dollars and smoke beautifully. They are not System pipes but have a military bit that enhances pipe smoking very well. I have a 999, a 406, an 86, and a 102. My Ulster grandpa smoked them and turned me on to them in 1972. How have you found them?

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
I enjoy Irish Made Army, and other Peterson army mounts. Simple in implementation. Hard to imagine anything can go wrong. Gave 999 and 406 to my son and still have some left. 106, 999, 80s, and 606. Then there's Spigots..

Reactions: sparker69 and edger

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
My first pipe was an Irish Army 68 that I bought from the Owl Shop in Worcester, Ma after the pipe maker there gave me a tour and lesson in carving pipes. Now 40 years later and smoking filtered pipes ... I discovered that my Savinelli 2604KS filter pipe stem fits the Irish Army 68 ! So I can smoke it filtered if I wish. Great pipe, highly recommended. But its a 1/4 inch shorter than my other pipes of same shape.

Reactions: edger

Swiss Army Knife

Can't Leave
Jul 12, 2021
North Carolina
I didn't like the disjointed look at first but Peterson's various Army and Spigot mounts have become some of my favorite pipes. Just no-nonsense straight forward pipes that I can pop off the stem mid-smoke if need be.

That said I may or may not have dropped one of my stummels 6ft from my mouth to the floor when the stem wasn't secure enough.

Reactions: Jwebb90 and edger