PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Merton

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 8, 2020
Boston, Massachusetts
Recently threw a Peterson Short into a larger tobacco order. At just over $100 I was not expecting much but have been really pleasantly surprised and wonder what others think. I liked the early 20th century look of the pipes. While they are not quite a chunky as a Castello nosewarmer, they are not dainty or toy like in any way. After sanding, washing and scraping out the bowl coating I have discovered a pipe that is a perfect jacket pocket pipe which smokes surprisingly well, clenches with ease and provides a good 30-45 minute smoke. I now have three all of which are smooth, which is odd as I favor sandblast and rusticated pipes usually but don't really like Peterson's rustication. Grain is fine and have not found any fills. Nice Sterling band too. Anyone else try one?

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
I have 2 - a Short 80S and a Short 03. I just love that "chunky, chubby, retro-" look.
I like the proportions of Short 80S so much that I off-loaded an Irish Harp 80S because I wasn't showing it much love after getting it's Short brother
They also pack more easily being compact, making them great pipes to take away.