PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Briefly it is advisable if I'm using drugstore Isoporbyle Alcohol in order to remove inside bowl dipstaining/factory precoating ,and then let the pipe to air overnight.Or wheter the regular grain vodka does well for this process,

Thanks for the Advice

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
I'm not a big fan of iso alcohol. It smells bad! I would go with JP--- try pouring a little really hot water in there and let it soak, then pour out and wipe dry aggressively. Let it air dry. How does it look? Smell? If still not sure, then try the alcohol, but I favor something neutral like Everclear grain, vodka, etc., as it has no smell and I might even drink some! Not so with the iso stuff!

kirkland

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 24, 2017
I buy pipes that don't need "cleaning."
But..if I was to do it, I'd use Everclear.( 110 proof or so?)

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
If it is something you think you can sand off, definitely try that first. That should open the pours and help with any chemical removal.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Great advices, thanks for your input in this,(The only pipes that I consider needing dipstain to be removed, you guessed it, standard Petersons,based on my recent experimenting, this removing did something improve how these pipes would perform right of the bat, from now on If I'm having a brand new pipe I definitely will remove that factory innerbowl coating, one way or another, I should a been know this erlier though,,once more much appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.