PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackpowderpiper

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 19, 2018
Middle Tennessee
Hello All. I purchased a Savinelli 601 churchwarden pipe a couple of years ago. At first it was fun to smoke and and was a nice change of pace. However, over time, I found that a churchwarden was not a pipe that I would reach for very often. I find them to be a bit unwieldy and as such, it does not get used very often. The purpose of my post was to solicit opinions for someone who could make me a shorter, normal length stem for the pipe. With a shorter stem for the pipe, I would then have the option of either using the shorter stem, or the churchwarden stem, depending on my mood.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide. Also, if this post is in the wrong area, please accept my apologies. Best Regards.

Jeff

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Hello All. I purchased a Savinelli 601 churchwarden pipe a couple of years ago. At first it was fun to smoke and and was a nice change of pace. However, over time, I found that a churchwarden was not a pipe that I would reach for very often. I find them to be a bit unwieldy and as such, it does not get used very often. The purpose of my post was to solicit opinions for someone who could make me a shorter, normal length stem for the pipe. With a shorter stem for the pipe, I would then have the option of either using the shorter stem, or the churchwarden stem, depending on my mood.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide. Also, if this post is in the wrong area, please accept my apologies. Best Regards.

Jeff
Where are you based?
If in the States, try Briarworks or Blue Room Briars
If in the EU, The Danish Pipe Shop offers excellent service. I had a Stanwell re-stemmed by them and I'm very happy with the result
Laudasi will do factory replacements for $40.

Status
Not open for further replies.