In memory of Ed A. James (Ozark Southpaw)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Smoking a Morta with Cumberland stem with black palm accent with some Germains Medium Flake in memory of Ed A. James aka Ozark Southpaw the Pipemaker who made it for me. Rest In Peace Ed.

banjo
34279414734_e77cf7993d_z_d.jpg

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
Oh Man! I didn't know about his passing... A very cool guy and pipe man, from middle US. Will have a bowl now with him.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
That is a beautiful pipe and a fitting tribute. The fruits of his imagination and labor live on.

samcoffeeman

Can't Leave
Apr 6, 2015
Oh I didn't know either. I have a tamper from him I use whenever I go to pipe club. Rest in peace, Ed!

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
One of the tampers I have had Ed make for me over the years. We had just been discussing another. I'll cherish the one I have even more now. Here are a couple pics. The middle silver part is from an old aerosphere pipe.

theloniousmonkfish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2017
Ed's work was incredible. Have a block of Mulberry here from him that will make for a special pipe when finished. Brad, I see you're the gentleman he made the Mulberry and Strawberry woods for. Wonderful collection. At the Grabow site we got sneak peaks of his work. Here's a pic of your Strawberry Author before blasting and a link for those interested.
Brads+Strawberry+Author+2016-06-06+001+%28800x400%29.jpg

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Here is another tamper. I got this from Ed probably 5 years ago. Bought a few tampers from him for gifts to my pipe smoking buddies. This was made from an old Kaywoodie White briar. The coolest part is that he heated and reshaped the end of the stem into a sharp scooper. Here are some pics of it. As you can see my friend uses and loves it.

Status
Not open for further replies.