A tin that thought nothing of itself
But instead offered itself ready to death at the flame
For the enjoyment of others to enjoy it's smoky richness

RIP

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Other than the secondary market and scalpers, who's selling it for more?

Haha, everybody dude. Most places that ever have it online it’s pushing $20. Unless it’s SP, where it disappears like a live chicken thrown into a Hyena pit. Saw it at payless once for $14, but everywhere else $19.95 MF.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Haha, everybody dude. Most places that ever have it online it’s pushing $20. Unless it’s SP, where it disappears like a live chicken thrown into a Hyena pit. Saw it at payless once for $14, but everywhere else $19.95 MF.
Last I saw at Iwan Ries it was $14.99. Anything above that and it just isn't worth it. I've got two pounds of that one put up and never paid more than $35/bag.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Last I saw at Iwan Ries it was $14.99. Anything above that and it just isn't worth it. I've got two pounds of that one put up and never paid more than $35/bag.

Iwan Ries is the only one I never buy from. Won’t ship usps to AK so the shipping cost is always $30+.

Any Eso blends I cellar deep on I wait for bags. Never paid more than $45 for one of those, except early on when I didn’t know any better and got scalped $75 for a bag of dunbar. Live and learn.

But anyway, I agree, it can be found for $15, thats why I used that figure, but MOST places you find it online it’s nearly $20 a tin.

ram74

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2013
Margate is such an elegant blend. For many years it was nearly my daily smoke. It was one of the first blends that really impressed me in my first year of pipe smoking and turned my attention to UK tobacco houses.

Sonorisis

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 24, 2019
Thanks for the post. I look forward to trying it someday. I have a couple of tins, but haven't tried it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.