PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
A while back Waznyf posted a heartfelt message about his cat Sonny Boy who had been hit by a car and died. He then posted a sweepstakes for a Mauro Armellini smooth bent brandy that he was giving away to keep the memory of Sonny Boy alive. I won that sweepstakes and today I recieved the pipe. First of all I am touched to even be a part of such a thing and am proud to be able to keep Sonny's memory alive every time I pull this pipe off the rack. Second of all...holy crap this is a beautiful pipe and an out friggin' standing smoker. I have never broken in a brand new bare briar bowled pipe that smoked so sweet and rich on its first smoke. I am smoking some Lane Crown Achievement in the pipe as I type this and am very happy to be chosen to keep Sonny's memory alive. Thanks Waznyf and long live the memory of an old friend. Here's to Sonny Boy!
Cheers.
P.

dervis

Lifer
Jan 30, 2012
Hazel Green AL
It was a fantastic idea on his part. With a sweet smoking prize. No doubt Sonny will be remembered for as long as the pipe exists.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Im just shocked because I have never been attracted to large bent pipes but I love this thing. So comfortable in the teeth for such a large pipe. I'm guessing that that is part of the attraction to bent pipes. they hang very comfortably in the teeth. I'm a clencher and have no problem clenching this hefty Italian beauty. And because of the story behind the pipe I walked down the street puffing it just beaming with pride.

mountainman

Can't Leave
May 4, 2012
Applause all around for a noble gesture on both parts. It's amazing how many gentlemen frequent this forum. :clap:

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
The Pipe:
dscf1778-600x450.jpg

kyletheaviator

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 16, 2012
Enjoy brother! That is a beautiful pipe with a great story behind it! Waznyf has been a great member to the forums!

sorringowl

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 24, 2010
What a great story! And what a beautiful pipe! I think Sonny Boy (what a great name for a cat!) will live on in the re-telling of that story (which I will tell from now on to anyone that will listen). :)
Here's to Sonny Boy! I will smoke a bowl in his honor today.
Thanks, gentleman. Very inspiring.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Congrats on the sweepstakes Ohin! That's a damn sexy pipe.
Here's to Sonny Boy!
lol It'd be cool if the pipe could have been stamped with the url for the sweepstakes thread lol. So the next owner many years from now can look up that url (cuz this website better be up and archived forever damnit) and see the whole story behind the pipe. GOOD STUFF!

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
That is a nice pipe, I want one, lol. Pretty cool of Waznyf to memorialize his pet that way.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Second smoke in this pipe was today and I have to say I am very very very impressed with this pipe. Never Have I ever broken in a bare briar bowl that smoked so smooth, rich and sweet from day one. I was down at my buddy's auto garage and broke 'er out over a few beer. Everyone is used to seeing me with a pipe but not a larger bent Italian production like this and they all started to comment on the pipe. I was so glad that it garnered such interest because I was able to tell them of Sonny and all the great folks here on this forum. They all seemed very touched.

waznyf

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
Texas
It is great to hear that you enjoy the pipe. In all honesty I had never heard of Mauro Armellini when I saw the pipe, in fact I wasn't sure how good of a pipe it would be either. When it arrived in the mail I was surprised by the weight and quality. I hope the pipe treats you well for as long as it is around, and I am glad that you are honoring Sonny with it.

Lastly I would like to thank the other members of the forum for their outpouring of support when I originally made the thread. Although some may say it was overboard for a cat, he was MY cat and a damn good one at that so I thought it necessary.

This truly is a great community, so never let anyone say otherwise. The amount of respect that is shared here is tremendous compared to other forums and it makes the experience so much more enjoyable. Tonight I will smoke a pipe for the group of fine men and women that make up this forum and showed me so much support.

It'd be cool if the pipe could have been stamped with the url for the sweepstakes thread lol. So the next owner many years from now can look up that url (cuz this website better be up and archived forever damnit) and see the whole story behind the pipe.

That would have been a great idea! Maybe we can somehow arrange that one of these days!

Status
Not open for further replies.