PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 7, 2016
Right now, Watch City is a two man operation. How Ernie finds time to blend tobacco by hand that he cases and tops, pack boxes, run the cash register for their walk in trade, etc., and be nice to anyone is a mystery to me. But he has been entirely pleasant with me, even though I did tell him once to go piss up a rope.

Amazing how a business could be successful over the two decades plus that Ernie has been there when he seems, in the view of at least one poster who has expounded at length on the subject, to have violated every sound business principal there is.

And Ernie is a pussycat compared to the person I talked with at Peretti a few years ago to complain about my credit card being hacked for the second time. They since admitted they had a problem, and claimed to have fixed it. I have no reason to doubt that they have. But I will never, ever, do business with them again after that phone call. I experienced true “Boston Nice. “

ernieq

Might Stick Around
Aug 9, 2018
Right now, Watch City is a two man operation. How Ernie finds time to blend tobacco by hand that he cases and tops, pack boxes, run the cash register for their walk in trade, etc., and be nice to anyone is a mystery to me. But he has been entirely pleasant with me, even though I did tell him once to go piss up a rope.

Amazing how a business could be successful over the two decades plus that Ernie has been there when he seems, in the view of at least one poster who has expounded at length on the subject, to have violated every sound business principal there is.

And Ernie is a pussycat compared to the person I talked with at Peretti a few years ago to complain about my credit card being hacked for the second time. They since admitted they had a problem, and claimed to have fixed it. I have no reason to doubt that they have. But I will never, ever, do business with them again after that phone call. I experienced true “Boston Nice. “
And I did find a rope and I’m here to tell you that attempting to “piss up it” was not a delightful experience.

boston

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 27, 2018
Boston
EQ is not rude, not remotely. My son and I were there last week for a visit and Ernie could not have been more welcoming. And, he's a wizard. A knowledgeable and true part of the pipe smoking community. Rythem & Blues all day long.

Peretti on the the other hand...I stopped going there years ago because of one or two guys that were off the charts rude. Watch City has my business because of Ernie.

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
Was just about to ask... Anyone on the offense with them? I've heard nothing but good things about WCC and their house blends and can add nothing of the contrary from my personal experience either.
There was a thread that got locked in which someone mentioned that Ernie was less than polite. I felt the need to show that not being polite is actually part of their marketing strategy. ? @ernieq, you keep right on being “Boston Nice “

Status
Not open for further replies.