PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Harris, yes sir. LOL I will either pick one up at the Chicago Show or order one very soon. My objection is losing the lighter as I've done so often in the past. But I'll just keep it to use at home.

I have a Corona Old Boy, a Dunhill, a couple of Kiribis, and several others... But, I never said that they were crap. I said that I just could never make them work after filling them. And, I have taken them to The Briary and other jewelers that sell lighters, with no results, since I am in other jewelry stores several times a week. I have just resigned myself that I suck at lighters that cost over $100. Besides, it's fire... we've been doing this for at least 80,000 years. A Bic has never left me looking like an idiot trying to get it lit.

mityahicks

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 18, 2018
I mostly use bics and matches but hate how wasteful bics are. Looking into getting a suitable replacement. I have a collection of Zippos that were great for cigarettes but I find the pip insert lousy for flame control.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I don't know what kind of crap lighters you guys are buyi ng and calling expensive but mine still work fine after twenty years.
An IM Corona Old Boy with the pipe shapes. Dropped once and no longer holds fuel. A Bic lasts me around two weeks, costs around a dollar, and doesn't leak after being dropped. At least the Old Boy comes in handy when showing scale in photographs.

cachimbero

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 9, 2019
Cordoba, Spain
img_1559-119x150.jpg

After many expensive lighters, I have settled on this. They are rechargeable (use to last about 10-15 refills) and cost 1,5 euro. Very practical and dependable.

dukdalf

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 24, 2011
Thank you, cgrmaster, for confirming my status as a civilized pipesmoker!

Status
Not open for further replies.