PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Decided to dive in! After a lot of research and looking about I decided to get a little IMP from Meerscshaum Market. Went overboard on a nice sized tin of aged No. 27 from @pipestud for the occasion since I’m dedicating it to Virginias at this point (great radio show on here this week BTW with the man from Texas) and both arrived today. The “lucite” acrylic stem called to me as did the basic shape and I love it! The stem isn’t as stiff and “clacky” as many acrylics so that is a really nice surprise. The pipe is just right for me. I like this tobacco, it’s smooth and somewhat subdued compared to some of their other old blends I’ve tried - some old Christmas Cheer tomorrow! The clarity of the flavors in this bowl is amazing! Okay, I’m totally making that up, haha. But I’m enjoying a nice sipping, gravity fed bowl and the draw on this pipe is easy and open. I’ll probably have to call their customer service tomorrow and demand a refund - I’m about 40% through my first bowl and the outside of the darn thing hasn’t colored up one bit!!!! 😉😉😉 6221E8C0-B7FB-49BD-98CE-0B06AD410378.jpeg

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
While sitting on the deck I’m listening to sounds of the 70s - although I don’t like the song, “You Light Up My Life” is playing, haha. I’d rather have “Smokin’”by Boston but this stupid cable music channel didn’t ask my programming suggestions!

Reactions: Chasing Embers

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
While sitting on the deck I’m listening to sounds of the 70s - although I don’t like the song, “You Light Up My Life” is playing, haha. I’d rather have “Smokin’”by Boston but this stupid cable music channel didn’t ask my programming suggestions!
For me it would have to be "Renegade" by Styx.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Decided to dive in! After a lot of research and looking about I decided to get a little IMP from Meerscshaum Market. Went overboard on a nice sized tin of aged No. 27 from @pipestud for the occasion since I’m dedicating it to Virginias at this point (great radio show on here this week BTW with the man from Texas) and both arrived today. The “lucite” acrylic stem called to me as did the basic shape and I love it! The stem isn’t as stiff and “clacky” as many acrylics so that is a really nice surprise. The pipe is just right for me. I like this tobacco, it’s smooth and somewhat subdued compared to some of their other old blends I’ve tried - some old Christmas Cheer tomorrow! The clarity of the flavors in this bowl is amazing! Okay, I’m totally making that up, haha. But I’m enjoying a nice sipping, gravity fed bowl and the draw on this pipe is easy and open. I’ll probably have to call their customer service tomorrow and demand a refund - I’m about 40% through my first bowl and the outside of the darn thing hasn’t colored up one bit!!!! 😉😉😉 View attachment 176282
I heard they are fully colored after the second bowl. Maybe.

So is this your first meer? Or your first IMP?

Nice shape by the way. I like em simple.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
I heard they are fully colored after the second bowl. Maybe.

So is this your first meer? Or your first IMP?

Nice shape by the way. I like em simple.
It is the first one I've ever smoked! I did have one gifted to me not too long ago (very old, cute and tiny little estate meer that I've sent off for a replacement stem - don't want to break the amber one - and a bit of TLC). I'll probably put up a little something about it when it's back and I get to use it. That inspired me to look into getting a current model and took the plunge last weekend.
Nice pipe. I really like smooth meers. There's something "classy" about them.
I was looking at some of the basic basket weave and similar designs as well but mostly because I thought it would give a little more "grip" to the bowl, but this one is the one I kept going back to when searching so there you are. Smokes cool, easy to hold, surprisingly light - my wife happened to look out on the deck and for the first time in a long time there was no doubt about her knowing I got a new pipe, haha - was happy to answer her questions about it's material and so forth.

Reactions: scloyd and jpmcwjr

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
It is the first one I've ever smoked! I did have one gifted to me not too long ago (very old, cute and tiny little estate meer that I've sent off for a replacement stem - don't want to break the amber one - and a bit of TLC). I'll probably put up a little something about it when it's back and I get to use it. That inspired me to look into getting a current model and took the plunge last weekend.

I was looking at some of the basic basket weave and similar designs as well but mostly because I thought it would give a little more "grip" to the bowl, but this one is the one I kept going back to when searching so there you are. Smokes cool, easy to hold, surprisingly light - my wife happened to look out on the deck and for the first time in a long time there was no doubt about her knowing I got a new pipe, haha - was happy to answer her questions about it's material and so forth.
That's awesome. Great first choice! I could easily smoke nothing but meerschaums these days.