PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 8, 2017
Sugar Grove, IL, USA
I thought these were all gone, but maybe it’s just the G77R that’s gone?
Here’s a link to a model that being sold at Smokingpipes. Reviews go back to 2015 and aren’t good. Anyone have one of these? Are they as bad as the reviewers say? Or are they workhorses like the old G77R?
I bought one because I only had a dozen or so lighters. 8O Seems OK for the money, but I’ve only used it a couple times. The flame isn’t a right angle, by any means, but it’s a bit easier for pipe smokers to use than the Djeep.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
That model of lighter is trash. The standard plastic IMCO is great (I'll look at mine for a model number) and it comes with a spare flint.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
If indeed the IMCO G77R is no longer being manufactured, then that's a shame. I purchased one back in 2006 or 2007, and it still works well today. It was inexpensive, is reliable, has an angled and adjustable-height flame, and it did come with an extra flint which was located in a slot at the base of the flint/striker assembly. What more could one ask of a pipe-lighter?

tavol

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 23, 2018
Years ago I bought an IMCO GR55 as cheap pipe lighter, it was fantastic for the price so I tried to buy another but couldn't find any, my tobacconist told me that IMCO was an Austrian company and they'd ceased trading. A little later the name/company came back when it was bought by, I think, a Chinese company.

Status
Not open for further replies.