PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
I have never heard of such a thing. I am glad it was kept a secret from me because it doesn't like too good an idea. Could be because I am a klutz when iot comes to cleaning a pipe.

• Sad
Reactions: Sloopjohnbee

Brew&Briar

(Urban Briar)
Jan 3, 2020
Los Angeles, CA
we've been discussing flushing with water for a while on the forum

I am interested in this method. Is there a particular thread that goes into depth? I have started doing this with a really inexpensive pipe I have, about every 2 or so times I used the pipe, I run the tap into the bowl. I tried first with the stem off, but am thinking it smarter to leave the stem on for this ritual.

I have been looking around on the YTPC for a video on this, but have not come by one yet.

Sloopjohnbee

Lifer
May 12, 2019
Atlantic Coast USA
I am interested in this method. Is there a particular thread that goes into depth? I have started doing this with a really inexpensive pipe I have, about every 2 or so times I used the pipe, I run the tap into the bowl. I tried first with the stem off, but am thinking it smarter to leave the stem on for this ritual.

I have been looking around on the YTPC for a video on this, but have not come by one yet.
it's there - under a cleaning thread

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I've been doing it ca. 5 years, and find I can smoke immediately after paper toweling out the chamber and a pipe cleaner in the airway, but often grab a different pipe for variety.

The whole process is simple: Remove dottle first while hot water is warming up. Run very hot water into the chamber and out the stem till it runs clear. That's it. Of course, it's nicer to use pipe cleaners, towels, and every dozen or so flushes, clean out the mortise.

Remember that for over 100 years, folks who want to sell you bottled stuff were the perpetrators of the lie that water will harm pipes. They even printed this "information" in their pamphlets and inserts in the boxes.

• Love
Reactions: Sloopjohnbee
Status
Not open for further replies.