PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cavendish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2013
This is a little long but it is needs to be stated.
On Saturday I met up with smokeybear in Dundas, ON at Detour Cafe to have a chat and smoke a bowl or two. The point of our meeting was a pipe exchange and meet up before we head up to the Burner's Meet in Etobicoke on 21 Sept.
Last week or so he contacted me through PM after I made a comment in a thread about one of the pipes that were up for bid. Him being kind hearted and generous decided to gift me a pipe. I had no say and no argument to it and no idea it was happening. It was final lol. So through PM's we figured everything out. Had a great time chatting about pipes over a nice sausage from a street side vendor then coffee for dessert.
Here's the pipe (top) with his 'big brother' (bottom) which is another Trypis masterpiece I obtained in the Spring.
image-450x600.jpg

I do want to personal thank smokeybear publicly for his kindness and generosity. I was having a crappy few weeks (we've all been there) and just through sheer karmatic luck I'm gifted a beautuful pipe and it completly lifted my spirits.
I've been on the forum since Jan 2013 and I must say I have never seen a more welcoming crowd who always encourage or inspired each other in some way. This is a fantastic group of people and without any of you this forum would not be what it is today and I'm proud to be a part of it.
I give a huge shout-out and props to smokeybear and to everyone else on here. Thanks again for being together to create such a great place to share our stories and our hobby.

guhrillastile

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 29, 2013
That's why we flock here. Seems we wander in and grow roots. Always glad to read posts like this. Quoting another member- The gestures seen here amongst members restore a bit if faith in humanity. Kudos to you and the Bear.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Congrats and thanks for sharing that- and kudos to smokeybear, who's been a great part of this forum.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Thanks for sharing the story Cav. Hope she burns well for you.
Detour was lucky to have you guys this weekend!
-- Pat

rmason

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 27, 2013
Nice pipes cavendish, hope it goes well with that twist flake you just posted about.

~Ron

werdna

Can't Leave
Jun 6, 2013
Wonderful story. Enjoy your new pipe and friendship, Cav. And Way-To-Go Smokeybear.

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
Thanks Cajun
But I'm just trying to live up to our little worlds expectations. The goodness and greatness of the members on here is the whole reason I payed it forward. This is a great place to be and I'm very happy to be part of it.

hodirty

Lifer
Jan 10, 2013
Great for both of you guys. Smokey, your top notch! Man, I love the PM forums! *Belief in humanity restored*

Status
Not open for further replies.