PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Worknman

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 23, 2019
......and buying a Kiribi. I've held out for a full year since I started pipe smoking but don't know if I can stand it any longer. Im looking at the $80 one on SP, I think I'll buy it Wednesday when Sun Bear comes out. Good investment? I can fix my LAD and TAD in one go.

Last edited:
Yaaahhh... a new lighter will greatly improve your life. I highly suggest you go ahead and pull the trigger, because everyone needs to go through the whole obsessing over a lighter, only to get it and three months later it's proudly displayed on a shelf. I have a whole shelf full of very nice lighters... and I carry a Bic with me 100% of the time. But, it's important to go through this process. Some learn this lesson fast, and some (like me) have to buy a dozen before we realize that the lighter is the least significant part of the whole smoking process.

But really, I hope you enjoy the hell out of it. May it bring you joy for way longer than any of them brought me. Seriously. puffy

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Yaaahhh... a new lighter will greatly improve your life. I highly suggest you go ahead and pull the trigger, because everyone needs to go through the whole obsessing over a lighter, only to get it and three months later it's proudly displayed on a shelf. I have a whole shelf full of very nice lighters... and I carry a Bic with me 100% of the time. But, it's important to go through this process. Some learn this lesson fast, and some (like me) have to buy a dozen before we realize that the lighter is the least significant part of the whole smoking process.

But really, I hope you enjoy the hell out of it. May it bring you joy for way longer than any of them brought me. Seriously. puffy
That's what happened to me. I needed a fancy lighter, to become a better smoker. 120.00$ and Roughly 5 months later I sold it.

Guppy

Might Stick Around
Sep 6, 2019
Texas
LAD is a slippery slope. I developed an affinity for vintage lighters that almost matches my PAD. At first it was pipe lighters. The Zippos, Nimrods, and Beattie Jets then evolved to include Ronsons, Evans, trench lighters etc. Now there are table lighters, mini lighters, and Japanese novelty lighters showing up, none of which are particularly suited to lighting pipes...

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Man, I bought a Kiribi Kabuto Mizo about a year ago? Maybe longer, not sure. I have used it for every single pipe bowl since I bought it, and I still love the hell out of it. It’s my one and only pipe lighter.

The fuel tank is huge, and flints are cheap and easy to replace. I haven’t had a single issue with mine. I don’t clean it thoroughly or often, and it continues to run fine. I just check the tension on the big flat head screw every few months, but I’ve never had it come loose.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
My Kiribi Mikazuki is the best lighter I've ever owned, and one of the best investments I've made in my pipe smoking. Actually, one of the best investments I've made in general. Period.

I've been wanting to buy a second one for my workshop: the angled, soft, and size-controlable flame works wonders to zap thread ends when stitching leather without burning the project.

jttnk

Lifer
Dec 22, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Love my Kiribi Takara. It’s not necessary anymore than a nice pipe is necessary. Get it because it’s nice to enjoy the fine things in life that don’t cost an arm and a leg.

thanks for making me look... the Tsuchime Kiribi looks awesome. Damn, LAD ignited (pun intended).

americaman

Part of the Furniture Now
May 1, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
I’ll be honest with you: I don’t own a pipe lighter, but I used one once on a bowl of Cardiff and it was awesome. Just so easy and smooth to light the bowl.

However, I haven’t bought one, but I have become a fan of Djeep lighters. They are a cut above Bic, and you can adjust the flame’s level.

Status
Not open for further replies.