PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

renfield

Lifer
Oct 16, 2011
Kansas
My almost 20 year old Old Boy had been dropped onto concrete several times, the seals were aged, the spring clip had broken, and it just plain has a LOT of miles it. I cleaned it occasionally and used only high quality butane but clearly it needed some more serious attention.

I sent my old friend to Arango for repair and servicing 4 months ago. I contacted Corey a month ago to check on the status and he said things were a bit backed up. Not a big surprise as that seems to be the current state of the world.

Today I got my lighter back and it's good as new. It also appears to have gotten a cleaning. Here's to another 20 years.

Cost of the service was $35.

Links below:

IM Corona Repairs at Arango

Lighter Repair Form PDF

Just a data point and a thread so that others may find it if need be.

Cheers, Ren

dunnyboy

Lifer
Jul 6, 2018
New York
I can add two more data points to your report—one Old Boy that couldn't hold butane beyond a half dozen lights and one that couldn't generate a spark even with fresh flint. Both took a couple of months to get back and both good as new. Excellent work and a very fair price.

Reactions: beefeater33

captpat

Lifer
Dec 16, 2014
North Carolina
Several years ago I sent in an old Pipemaster, took 6-8 weeks Ibelieve they replaced all but the external case, some of the delay was waiting on hard to source parts. Not bad $35.

Reactions: dunnyboy

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
When I had to send an Old Boy in for work I went to my b/m who was a IM Corona dealer. He would ship it and get it back to me and it was perfect again. I have no idea what I paid or how long it took to get back.

maker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 22, 2018
Damn my IM Corona just sprung a leak
lpMoZgb.jpg